Star Butterfly Vs. The Forces of Evil Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
I love how Star doesn't seem to be fazed by Brittney, the typical Alpha Bee-yotch of the school. The latter is just more fumed at that, thus making her look foolish.

mr3urious

Reaction score
We finally get to see St. Olga's School that Star is mortified by, and what a brutal slaughtering of the Disney Princess franchise it was with all the free-spirited princesses forced to do things like being taught to be damsels in distress and learning how to drink tea properly. And the dean Miss Heinous (brilliantly played by Jessica Walter) has a rather interesting backstory of being an ex-wayward princess herself that I hope gets expanded on in the future.

The last couple of episodes were pretty fun, too, like when Star's party animal dad came to visit Earth or when Star hit "Mewberty" and got all pervy over the boys. So much crap went sailing past the radar on that one. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just caught that one. Something tells me that episode gets the reception of "Oh yeah, we have a sense of humor about ourselves. And to show you how good that humor is, it's only going to air ONCE!" from Disney. You know, I was worried about them showing St. Olga's School this soon in the series, but if it means we'll get an actual villain that's a credible threat (no offense to easily beaten, not that serious Ludo), this will work out wonderfully for the show.

Plus, it doesn't exactly mean the school's not going to get rebuilt. This is one of those "you won the battle, but the war is still coming" deals. Very exciting, and all cartoons need a wham episode like this that changes the game.

And for some reason, brainwashed Ponyhead somehow reminded me of Mr. Sparkle.

Maybe the sparkly, yet dead eyes and the frozen on smile?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love how in the latest episode, we get a goofy story about Star using too much magic to give Marco a beard

The show gets a surprise WHAM when Ludo finally gets kicked out of his own evil forces.

mr3urious

Reaction score
They really seem to be building Toffee up to be the real big bad in the show. And I like that. :smile:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Man, Disney has probably the best modern cartoons, I've seen. This is one them along with GF, SU, WoY, Gumball, & SpongeBob.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They really seem to be building Toffee up to be the real big bad in the show. And I like that. :smile:
They set that up and dealt with it quickly. The season's last episode looks like it will deal with that. But for that sort of thing to pay off in a wacky episode like that at the very end? While I knew that would happen all along, the fact it came so quickly and at the very end of an episode that didn't seem important blindsided me. Really excited about this next one.

Of course, the previous episode segment was also quite good. The jaded, cynical teacher just waiting for the end of her life being turned into a troll by Star gets the good news that Trolls live longer and her life is actually just starting. They took essentially just a goofy running gag and established it as something amazing.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Even though Wander is getting canned, at least Star Vs. is getting another season along with Two More Eggs! :smile:

This is also paired with two new shows coming soon: one from an ex-SpongeBob writer and another from some Harvey Beaks animators, which look very promising. So at least Disney's producing even more stuff for grade-school kids in the future in addition to Milo Murphy's Law, DuckTales, Tangled, and Big Hero 6. :smile:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/disney-xd-orders-pair-original-872355

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Even though Wander is getting canned, at least Star Vs. is getting another season along with Two More Eggs! :smile:

This is also paired with two new shows coming soon: one from an ex-SpongeBob writer and another from some Harvey Beaks animators, which look very promising. So at least Disney's producing even more stuff for grade-school kids in the future in addition to Milo Murphy's Law, DuckTales, Tangled, and Big Hero 6. :smile:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/disney-xd-orders-pair-original-872355
Wait,what??! Wander is over ?:cry: