SST 40th Anniversary Event

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Only a week away! And, count me out of meeting up. I don't think my mom will like me hanging out with total strangers who are much older than me.

KerMatttheFrog

Reaction score
Oscarfan:

Especially a bunch of people much older than you who LIKE SESAME STREET (LoL).

I will bring my book just in case, who knows what will happen. If Jim Henson taught us anything... it's that anything is possible!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Some people told me I'll regret doing this, but I don't think I will. For the time being, I'm officially forwarding my studio phone line, 614-364-4270, directly to my cell phone. If you want to call me starting Thursday and extending into the weekend of the 30th regarding a meet-up place and time I'll be happy to talk to you and figure something out :smile:

KerMatttheFrog

Reaction score
Steve,

Cool. Would be nice to say hello and thank you in person for the great weekly show!:smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I am glad to hear that Michael will be doing a signing. I will bring my copy. I had heard from William Patterson University that there will NOT be an opportunity for signings with the panel members, as they are charging through the nose for a meet and greet opportunity and through their sponsorship deal... either way you are shelling 500-2000 dollars to do that... which I think is terrible.
Yeah, well, let's face it - universities can be pretty snooty when it comes to who gets certain perks. They just want to glad-hand the alumni with the plump purses, and I saw a lot of that back when I was in college - we'd be heading off for dinner in the dining hall, and upstairs in the "ballroom" it'd be all set up for an elaborate dinner with alumni and donors, and occasionally the students who were part of an elite group of very high-achievers.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Well i know StreetScenes and i will be meeting... or so i hope or i'm not getting in lol.

Even tho its a week... i really hope someone can step up and be our Meeting-up host. I'd do it... but i'm a stranger to New Jersey. So i shouldn't be in charge of setting up a destination or being the directions guy for those who get lost... i'll be one of them lol

Stulz

Reaction score
SS Meet up

I just bought my ticket as well.

I haven't been posting for a while, but I have been keeping up with the posts.

The meet-up is a great idea, but would it before or after? It's going to be tight for me getting there by 7pm, so it would be nice to see everyone after, but I know that might get a bit late for some.

Anyway I hope to see you all Friday night. :smile:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Yea... i dont even know what time we'd be getting out... and i'll be driving back home for 4hrs. I'm HOPING i can do it. I've never driven 4hrs straight b4... and i get tired sometimes from 2 n a half hrs.

TRY and come early for the meet up lol. It should be alot of fun

StreetScenes

Reaction score
just went to a book signing that was just mike davis (so it was also just 30 people or so) & i met some other muppet fans (yay!). he gave a really nice talk, and there was someone in the audience who had worked with matt robinson before ss, which was cool. and mike is really nice! and so is his wife. and they kept saying they had some "surprises" for friday and that it'll be really great....i don't know what that means, but i'm excited.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
just went to a book signing that was just mike davis (so it was also just 30 people or so) & i met some other muppet fans (yay!). he gave a really nice talk, and there was someone in the audience who had worked with matt robinson before ss, which was cool. and mike is really nice! and so is his wife. and they kept saying they had some "surprises" for friday and that it'll be really great....i don't know what that means, but i'm excited.
Sounds good to me! I'm hoping the surprises either means, unannounced guests, an appearance by actual Muppets or a meet and greet with the fans!