SST 40th Anniversary Event

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My mom looking through the newspaper and found a ticket order for some SS 40 Year event. She ordered tickets and she sent me an email saying it'll have some of the puppeteers, cast members and Micheal Davis, the author of "Street Gang". Has anyone else heard of this event?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This is what she sent me:

SESAME STREET AT 40,
A NIGHT OF CELEBRATION WITH THE LEGENDARY CAST
January 30, 2009 • 7:00 p.m.
“Sesame Street at 40” will be a night of celebration and discovery about a children’s TV show that reshaped the world. This once-in-a-lifetime event, crafted for an adult audience, features Frank Oz (Bert, Grover, and Cookie Monster), Kevin Clash (Elmo), Caroll Spinney (Big Bird and Oscar), Sonia Manzano (Maria), Bob McGrath (Bob), Marty Robinson (Telly Monster, Snuffy), Fran Brill (Zoe and Prairie Dawn), David Rudman (Baby Bear), and composer/writer Tony Geiss. The group will assemble as a memorial tribute to New Jersey’s own Richard Hunt, the irrepressible and life-affirming wit behind a score of characters from “Sesame Street” and “The Muppet Show.” Michael Davis, author of the soon-to-be-published Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street, will be the evening’s moderator. This matchless event will illustrate how an incredible ca st of artists has been welcoming kids of all ages to the Sesame Street neighborhood for forty years.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Aw man, just where is the place ?
I mean this is a one time event to see almost all of the SS Muppet cast. :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Omg! Frank Oz will be there!:excited: Oh, this will be good! I wish I could go!:big_grin:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Aw man, just where is the place ?
I mean this is a one time event to see almost all of the SS Muppet cast. :smile:
A Google search brings up that this event will be held at William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ. Tickets are $45 a person for non-university students. This is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity to see all these great people in person and I'll certainly try my best to be there!

ploobis

Reaction score
OMG! This is so exiting!

I can't believe Frank Oz will be there! :insatiable: :frown: :super:

I gotta see this thing!

matleo

Reaction score
Don't know how I missed this thread yestrday but I just ordered my ticket. I can't wait!

--Matt

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
OMG! Willie P is totally in my 'hood! I have to see if I can get to this thing!

Thanks for the info!