SS special on PBS (Oct. 24th, 9:00-10:30 PM)

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
It is tomorrow! There is a thread on this already though. What was the special called?

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Sorry I'm so late in posting this, but I thought y'all would be interested in this:

INDEPENDENT LENS: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO SESAME STREET (from Entertainment Weekly)

"We could easily have made this documentary the Must Watch of the week, so well does it document Sesame Street's global outreach. Since its 1969 debut, the children's TV series has been replicated everywhere from Poland to Egypt, but as producers try to build sets in Kosovo and Bangladesh, recalcitrant governments, sectarian violence, and local skepticism make early childhood education (with puppets!) sound like folly. Never have two projects seemed more destined to fail. Then we meet the intended viewers and realize Sesame Street simply doesn't have that luxury."
I'm planning to watch that tomorrow night.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Hmm...I actually can't find it in my tv listings guide at all. Are you sure it is being aired? I know that the DVD is to be released tomorrow.
Yeah it's being aired on most PBS stations tomorrow night, but it might be different on yours.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
jacobsnchz said:
It is tomorrow! There is a thread on this already though. What was the special called?
The world according to Sesame Street

BEAR

Reaction score
Nevermind! I found it. The program is called Independent Lens.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes finally, a TV notice I didn't miss! I'll be sure not to move between 9 and 10-30 tomorrow night! Thanks Brian!
And to the other Brian,
:smile: glad you found it, and won't be missing it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um Kate... Princeton's name is Brian with an "i", whereas BEAR's name is Bryan with a "y".
Hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
I know it helps me to know whether I am being spoken too outside my user name! :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to be seeing this tomorrow!

BEAR

Reaction score
I will be watching it, but I am asking for the DVD also for my birthday.