SS question on game show today

Ziffel

Reaction score
This was a question ( worth $50,000) on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" today:

In 1969, who became the first celebrity to make a guest appearance on Sesame Street?

A. Ray Charles B. Johnny Cash

C. James Earl Jones D. Harry Belafonte

The contestant used the 50-50 lifeline, which was his last one. He then guessed the wrong answer. I won't reveal the answer yet in case anyone wants to try to answer it.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Very good! That was fast. By the way, the 50/50 left James Earl Jones and Harry Belafonte. The contestant went with Belafonte.

Ziffel

Reaction score
And let me add that it's only fitting that a fellow Philadelphian would get the right answer. :big_grin:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Another muppet question made Who Wants to be a Millionaire? yesterday. This one was only a $200 question and was extremely easy:

What popular Muppet was originally made from an old green coat once worn by Jim Henson's mom?

A. Cookie Monster B. Kermit the Frog
C. Miss Piggy D. Fozzie Bear

Ziffel

Reaction score
Correct again, of course. Now here's another question on "Millionaire" I just saw. Only worth $2000 so still pretty easy.

One of 2004's hottest toys features Elmo singing "E-L-M-O", a modified version of what song?

A. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.
B. Y.M.C.A.
C. Lola
D. Back in the U.S.S.R.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I phone a friend? Uses lifeline to call...
*Phone rings. Come on, come on... Pick up!

Sorry, but he couldn't answer. Then I'd like to ask the audience, specifically... my grand-uncle DanteCat up there in the second highest row.

Hey DC! What's the answer?!? Oh yeah, thanks!
B Regis. Wait can I change my mind?
*This goes one till whittling down the answers like they did on the Millionaire done on Whose Line.

No, I stick with B.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
By the by... Are these new episodes or old ones? Cause if they start rerunning episodes, you might want to keep an eye out for Celebrity Millionaire 2. This was the second time they had celebrities playing for their favorite charities, with names like Alec Baldwin, Joy Beharr, Jon Stewart from the Daily Show, and Charlie Sheen.

The first day was dominated by Baldwin's turn, but Jon Stewart got to finish up that episode. Was still his turn and he had to come back a second day. Well, on that second day of CM2, he brought with him a special friend to help out with answering the first two levels of questions...
None other than ol' green flippers. Yes, Kermit himself appeared on that second day of CM2.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And to finish my story about Kermit's appearance on CM2... When it was Charlie Sheen's turn, they asked him a question that I remember and have qualms with to this day. Regis starts, and once he realizes it turns to Kermit... Hey, what do you know?
In 1977, in The Muppet Movie, Kermit and his friends leave from the swamps in Georgia off to...
A Hollywood, and the other answers I forgot. Kermit says it's the first letter of a little something he used to teach back on Sesame Street.

But the problem I have with that question is the following...
*If it had been me there... *Turns to Kermit.
Actually no, it's not. *Turning back to Regis: That's a trick question Regis.
In the Muppet Movie, Kermit and his friends never got anywhere after leaving his home in the swamps of Georgia... Because Kermit's home isn't in the swamps of Georgia, it's in the Everglades, and the Everglades are in the state of Florida. So the answer to your question is none because it's a trick question.
Back me up Kermit. Regis: Is he right Kermit?
Kermit: Well, yes, I think he's right. Of course I'm right. Don't you remember in the Muppets at Walt Disney World you went back to your home in the swamps of Florida? Now if the question were with the modification specified, he left for Hollywood after leaving his home in Florida.

Hope that helps, and keep an eye out for it should you see it.