Sprout and Noggin

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Noggin: The REAL REASON why Noggin is off the air is because of the EVIL MASTERMINDS of VIACOM. At first, MTV Networks RULED. Then, VIACOM took over and that's why Noggin is no longer with us. Shame on you Viacom.

Sprout: Sprout is just a copycat of Noggin when it comes to Sesame Street. Cutting segments out of Sesame Street episodes just like Noggin. Also, why isn't Sprout showing 123 Sesame Street and Sesame Street Unpaved? Sprout would be so much better if these two shows were airing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sprout cuts Sesame Street episodes? I thought it was a commercial-free channel, so there's really no reason to cut segments out (well, I know that Elmo's World: Transportation was replaced with a different segment in a season 30 episode_.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sprout cuts Sesame Street episodes? I thought it was a commercial-free channel, so there's really no reason to cut segments out (well, I know that Elmo's World: Transportation was replaced with a different segment in a season 30 episode_.
They're not 100% commercial-free: they fill up typical commercial time with promos and bumpers for the channel, or their shows, or little 30-second and minute-long original short subjects (that's how OOBI started out before it because an actual TV show); in Sprout's case, they have occasional commercials, usually for things like Luvs and Huggies and things like that.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Typically, I am not of fan of commericals anymore. They brainwash kids and adults with mindless advertising. Ugh!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, they're not that bad, chew Winterfresh Gum, I think you may be exaggerating a wee bit, drink Coke, besides commercials are pretty much a necessary evil, have some Mentos, but I don't believe they really brainwash anybody, you really need to buy this really soft toilet paper just because I said so.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Sprout has commercials.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Sprout: Sprout is just a copycat of Noggin when it comes to Sesame Street. Cutting segments out of Sesame Street episodes just like Noggin. Also, why isn't Sprout showing 123 Sesame Street and Sesame Street Unpaved? Sprout would be so much better if these two shows were airing.
For the most part, it's pretty much Sprout's fault that we're not seeing any classic (pre-Season 30) episodes of Sesame Street on TV anymore. They have this philosophy: "we need current preschool programming late night/early morning because of feedings." which I find totally ridiculous. Name one infant that needs to watch TV late at night while they're being fed! Especially since at night, Sprout airs reruns of stuff that the kids saw earlier in the daytime. Plus, I can't imagine the parent (or whatever other relation the child has with the adult) turning on the TV while the child is being fed, or being calmed down, or having their diaper changed. They would know better than to do something like that. Any child under 3 wouldn't get anything out of it anyway, and any child under 2 probably can't see anything but flashing lights.

My overall point is that Sprout needs to seriously consider replacing that Good Night Show block with something like a Remember When? Show block; that block would obviously be for the longtime fans like us. I would like this block to air not only classic (1969-1998) Sesame Street episodes, but also other Old School PBS Kids shows like Zoom (both the 1972-1978 version and the 1999-2005 version), The Electric Company (1971-1977 version), 3-2-1 Contact, Reading Rainbow, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, Square One TV, Ghostwriter, The Puzzle Place, and basically anything else that comes to mind.

So, JazzyAlphabet, you'd better email Sprout about your complaint of them not airing Classic Sesame Street episodes, if you want. While you're at it, and if you're interested, you can also tell them about my idea of a Remember When? Show block. You could also throw in my arguments about the Midnight Feeding Factor. (But you don't have to if you don't want to.)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
For the most part, it's pretty much Sprout's fault that we're not seeing any classic (pre-Season 30) episodes of Sesame Street on TV anymore. They have this philosophy: "we need current preschool programming late night/early morning because of feedings." which I find totally ridiculous. Name one infant that needs to watch TV late at night while they're being fed! Especially since at night, Sprout airs reruns of stuff that the kids saw earlier in the daytime. Plus, I can't imagine the parent (or whatever other relation the child has with the adult) turning on the TV while the child is being fed, or being calmed down, or having their diaper changed. They would know better than to do something like that. Any child under 3 wouldn't get anything out of it anyway, and any child under 2 probably can't see anything but flashing lights.

My overall point is that Sprout needs to seriously consider replacing that Good Night Show block with something like a Remember When? Show block; that block would obviously be for the longtime fans like us. I would like this block to air not only classic (1969-1998) Sesame Street episodes, but also other Old School PBS Kids shows like Zoom (both the 1972-1978 version and the 1999-2005 version), The Electric Company (1971-1977 version), 3-2-1 Contact, Reading Rainbow, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, Square One TV, Ghostwriter, The Puzzle Place, and basically anything else that comes to mind.

So, JazzyAlphabet, you'd better email Sprout about your complaint of them not airing Classic Sesame Street episodes, if you want. While you're at it, and if you're interested, you can also tell them about my idea of a Remember When? Show block. You could also throw in my arguments about the Midnight Feeding Factor. (But you don't have to if you don't want to.)

I'll see if I can send them an email.