SpongeBob SquarePants

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to point that out! Those are klassic (pun intended) episodes, as many are ,up to 2009 and 2010 and on.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Is no one going to mention the missed opportunity of doing a movie based on that one Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy episode where they get the super suits and become, albeit very lousy, superheros?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is no one going to mention the missed opportunity of doing a movie based on that one Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy episode where they get the super suits and become, albeit very lousy, superheros?
That would mean the writers would have to be clever.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Oh, you mean the episode that tricks you into thinking it's about a shuffleboarding contest only to throw it out the window and instead have Sponge and Pat go around committing chaos with no repercussions in the end? I'm glad they missed that opportunity.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh, you mean the episode that tricks you into thinking it's about a shuffleboarding contest only to throw it out the window and instead have Sponge and Pat go around committing chaos with no repercussions in the end? I'm glad they missed that opportunity.
I didnt mean actually make that the plot, I meant actually do something useful with the characters...and was it that episode? I dont think it was? This had everyone go against all the villains and fail miserably. I dunno I stopped watching spongebob long ago
But oscarfan is right that would mean needing to be clever :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That would mean the writers would have to be clever.
Clever or not, it's not like there's an infinite number of plotlines they really have since this show's been on since 1999. The time to have made the movie was 2 years after the first one, if anything. I mean, the Simpsons took 20 something years to get one movie, and a few years more for just a cartoon short. And in the 90's when they actually tried to make movies, the plot lines couldn't even fit into a half hour episode let alone 90 minutes.

Basically, I do not envy anyone who has to write a movie based on a cartoon series that's been on that long. And again, Japan... Anpanman movie annually, DBZ's still cranking a couple out... Doraemon gets to cheat and remake old movies... different culture blah blah... only cartoon movie to get sequels was Rugrats...

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
In fact, since so many plotlines have been used, they've recently reused them. There was an episode of Spongebob braking his spatula and getting a new one , but this time, since Plankton is pretty much required to be involved with every single episode, it's from him, and he is... trying to steal what he always does. All that Glitters, anyone? Remember that episode?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. I mean, expecting a completely fresh and clever concept for a show that has long since used them all?

But I guess anything's better than their live action programming.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Anything IS better than it, but Disney Channel, well, I would rather punch their animation star, Phineas. I hate the kid's voice especially. Ironically, I used to like the show. I bet they ruined the Avengers and Star ars for crossing over, to some people. I'm a fan of neither, so I don't care. Well, back to Spongebob. The show still puts up great ratings, so it will be around for at least 5 more years. Phineas and ferb might end soon, according to Cartoon Brew.