Speculation: The Ultimate SST Action Figure Lineup

cjd874

Reaction score
Everyone has reached the following general consensus: it sucks that Palisades went out of business. But what if they had continued? What if Sesame Street figures and playsets WERE released? What if Muppets (and possibly the human cast members) were sculpted, packaged, and distributed to stores nationwide? What if we actually had the figures of our choice?

Here are some of my ideal SS figures (mixing iconic Muppets with lesser-known ones):
Series 1:
  • Cookie Monster with two cookies, cookie jar, plate with removable pile of cookies, telephone, and figure base
  • Ernie with Rubber Duckie, banana, trumpet, ball of string, white puppy pack-in figure (Godzilla the Wonder Dog), shopping list, and figure base
  • Don Music with piano, bust of Beethoven, framed photo of Joe Raposo, pencil, and figure base
  • Sherlock Hemlock with Watson pack-in, magnifying glass, framed photo of Vincent Twice, and figure base
Exclusive: Bathtime Ernie with face towel, scrub brush, soap, soap dish, & figure base
Ernie is sculpted with bath towel around waist, top half can be removed and placed in bathtub
Playset: Ernie and Bert's apartment with Bert
playset comes with two armchairs, lamp, nightstand, two beds, Ernie's drum set, framed picture of E&B, toy truck, vase with flower, metal pot, bathtub, & rotary telephone
Bert comes with Bernice, bowl of oatmeal, bottle cap collection, string of paper clips, TV set, & figure base

Series 2:
  • Herry Monster with barbells, monster doll, and figure base
  • Zoe with Mimi, Rocko, juice box, bouquet of flowers, and figure base
  • Two Headed Monster with School playhouse, headphones, pillows, and figure base
  • Baby Bear with easel, crayons, stack of paper, bowl of porridge, spoon, fairy tale storybook, and figure base
Exclusive: Ballet Zoe with cloth tutu and figure base
Playset: 123 Sesame Street exterior with Oscar the Grouch
playset comes with lamppost, mailbox, fire hydrant and basketball hoop...all removable
Oscar comes with Slimey, apple core, broken umbrella, old shoe, fishbone, picture of Granny Grouch, pair of feet (for placing via pegs underneath trash can) and two garbage bags

More to come soon...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I believe t he line's cursed. I wouldn't see anyone putting one together. Besides, the toy license is in Hasbro's hands. I doubt they're making action figures. But I'm pretty disappointed that there hasn't been any new additions to the buddy pack line after the Elmo/Count soccer pack and the Abby/Rosita roller skating pack. And I really hate that the Super Grover/Murray pack never got rereleased like all the others seem to have been.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Dr tooth I saw the super Grover and Murray in target stores

cjd874

Reaction score
I believe t he line's cursed. I wouldn't see anyone putting one together. Besides, the toy license is in Hasbro's hands. I doubt they're making action figures.
Of course, Dr. Tooth. The point of this thread is to say which figures you'd like to have IF Palisades hadn't gone under and IF they actually went ahead with SS figure production.
There's no need to say that no one will be making SS action figures at any point because that's a fact, and there's nothing we can do about it. In fact, that is the why I made this thread. Since no one is making these action figures, I want to hear ideas from the people on this forum about which characters would be produced.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Wow! Awesome ideas, Cjd874 and Muppetspot2!!! :smile:
I hope a Sesame Street figure series like the Muppets Palisades series appears in store soon.

cjd874

Reaction score
Got some more:

Series 3:
  • Grover with block tower, letter G, set of saloon doors (from Over, Under, Around, & Through), framed picture of his mother, teddy bear, and figure base
  • Roosevelt Franklin with map of Africa, wooden pointer, apple, backpack, removable books (Reading, Math, and Spelling), and figure base
  • The Amazing Mumford with hat, wand, Muppet rabbit pack-in, carrot, magic pillar (from the 1972 skit with Grover and Herry), four pineapples, red cloth with yellow star pattern, and figure base
  • Rosita with acoustic guitar, Spanish language book, bunch of daisies, and figure base
Exclusive:Grover Mega-Pack
Several different molded Grover heads and bodies to represent Grover's jobs
  • Waiter Grover with bowl of alphabet soup, plate of spaghetti, tiny hamburger, grapefruit on a bun, two plates, waiter's cloth, and figure base
  • Super Grover with cloth cape, telephone booth, and glasses (which can be added to Salesman Grover to make Grover Kent)
  • Salesman Grover with hat, trenchcoat, briefcase, Weather Machine, earmuffs, toothbrushes, and sunglasses
  • Marshal Grover with hat, badge, and Fred the Wonder Horse pack-in
  • Elevator Operator Grover with elevator capsule (working doors are similar to Pigs in Space spaceship doors)
  • Farmer Grover with pitchfork, 2 Muppet chicken pack-ins, and bags of tomato and carrot seeds
Playset:Nest Area with Big Bird figure (taller than the other figures...10 inches?)
nest area has molded nest, stacked barrels, toy chest, framed drawing of Mr. Hooper, lamp, blue snowshoes, bookshelf, drawer, alphabet chart, small framed photo of Aberlardo Montoya, flower in flowerpot, watering can, mailbox, framed picture of Snuffy, and small birdhouse
Big Bird comes with Radar the teddy bear, Little Bird pack-in, framed photo of Granny Bird, toy boat, stick horse toy (head on stick), cowboy hat, bag of birdseed, picture book, Roman bust, necktie, blue blanket, pillow, and figure base

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Got some more:

Series 3:
  • Grover with block tower, letter G, set of saloon doors (from Over, Under, Around, & Through), framed picture of his mother, teddy bear, and figure base
  • Roosevelt Franklin with map of Africa, wooden pointer, apple, backpack, removable books (Reading, Math, and Spelling), and figure base
  • The Amazing Mumford with hat, wand, Muppet rabbit pack-in, carrot, magic pillar (from the 1972 skit with Grover and Herry), four pineapples, red cloth with yellow star pattern, and figure base
  • Rosita with acoustic guitar, Spanish language book, bunch of daisies, and figure base
Exclusive:Grover Mega-Pack

Several different molded Grover heads and bodies to represent Grover's jobs
  • Waiter Grover with bowl of alphabet soup, plate of spaghetti, tiny hamburger, grapefruit on a bun, two plates, waiter's cloth, and figure base
  • Super Grover with cloth cape, telephone booth, and glasses
  • Salesman Grover with hat, trenchcoat, briefcase, Weather Machine, earmuffs, toothbrushes, and sunglasses
  • Marshal Grover with hat, badge, and Fred the Wonder Horse pack-in
  • Elevator Operator Grover with elevator capsule (working doors are similar to Pigs in Space spaceship doors)
  • Farmer Grover with pitchfork, 2 Muppet chicken pack-ins, and bags of tomato and carrot seeds
Playset:Nest Area with Big Bird figure (taller than the other figures...10 inches?)

nest area has molded nest, stacked barrels, toy chest, framed drawing of Mr. Hooper, lamp, blue snowshoes, bookshelf, drawer, alphabet chart, small framed photo of Aberlardo Montoya, flower in flowerpot, watering can, mailbox, framed picture of Snuffy, and small birdhouse
Big Bird comes with Radar the teddy bear, Little Bird pack-in, framed photo of Granny Bird, toy boat, stick horse toy (head on stick), cowboy hat, Roman bust, necktie, blue blanket, pillow, and figure base
What nice ideas you bring up. Keep it up!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dr tooth I saw the super Grover and Murray in target stores
I saw them there too. A year ago, and I never managed to grab them. Now All I see are the Count/Elmo and Rosita/Abby sets. Sometimes and Ernie and Bert, sometimes the one I already have (Telly/Cookie). It must be a regional distribution thing.

cjd874

Reaction score
Series 4:
  • Prairie Dawn with upright piano, sheet music, sack lunch (PB&J sandwich, bag of carrots, pear, bag of pretzels), megaphone, and figure base
  • Murray Monster with Ovejita pack-in, number chart, alphabet chart, subway map, and figure base
  • Forgetful Jones with Buster pack-in figure, guitar, sleeping bag, toothbrush, framed photo of Clementine, mirror, and figure base
  • Martians with book, telephone, radio, electric fan, spaceship, and figure bases (similar to the Swinetrek base with the Link Hogthrob figure)
Exclusive: Sesame Street human 2-pack
Bob with newspaper, sheet music, pitch pipe, and figure base
Linda with Barkley pack-in, books, bookmarks, and figure base

Playset: Elmo's World with Elmo figure
playset comes with working door and drawer, pull-up shade (which reveals Mr. Noodle waving), computer, TV, Dorothy in her fishbowl, armchair, drawings of Elmo's parents and Dorothy, and piano
Elmo comes with crayons, David the doll, glass of milk, toy trains, beach ball, violin, and figure base

cjd874

Reaction score
Series 5:
  • Telly Monster with tuba, triangle collection, Freddy the doll, baseball and mitt, pogo stick, Chuckie Sue the hamster and cage, hamster food, and figure base
  • Biff and Sully with hammers, saw, box of nails, electric drill, planks of wood, screws, and figure bases
  • Abby Cadabby with wand, cell phone, pumpkin, fairy book, and figure base
  • Mega Figure: Snuffleupagus with two cabbages, plate of spaghetti and meatballs, fork, Snuffle-garten activity books, and cowboy hat
Exclusive: Reporter Telly (Monster on the Spot) with microphone, hat, necktie, headset, script, and figure base
Playset: Transylvanian Castle with Count von Count figure
playset comes with canopy bed, real curtains, working doors, large pipe organ, table and chairs, candelabra, large mirror, bookshelf, drawer, television set, suit of armor, grandfather clock, cobwebs, and couch
Count von Count comes with framed photo of the Countess, several bats, Fatatita, several storybooks (Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, The Three Musketeers, A Tale of Two Cities, Around the World in 80 Days, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea), and figure base

That is 5! 5 series of SS action figures! Ah ah ah ah ah ah! :batty: (cue thunder)