Speculation: Muppets Most Wanted Video Game

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I think this would be a great time to release a new muppet video game and since Muppets Most Wanted is based on a mystery/caper Constantine and Ricky Gervais as villains that maybe would make for a good video game.

Maybe have some clips from the film unlockable or something cool like that anyone else have ideas?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
We could actually have free-roaming Muppets and you can switch from character to character as the story progresses. I would love to play as Kermit and move about the different areas instead of just watching him move then playing mini-games.

Each character can have different abilities. Kermit can leap, Piggy can karate chop, Rizzo can sneak around places and Fozzie can knock people unconscious with his bad jokes. Gonzo can...well- the possibilities are endless with him, aren't they?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yeah i mean you could also choose Constantine and Gervais version of the story or Kermit and The Muppets version of the story or Ty Burrell and Sam the Eagles version thats a crazy idea but i would love it...

but anyway i would to play as kermit in the plot line of the movie and make the decisions for the group and have different scenerios and stuff

and a film clip unlockable after every level would be awesome especially if it came out like a month or two before the film

rowlfy662

Reaction score
sadly they probably won't make a game as I much I want one Disney didn't release one for the last film so theres a tiny chance but i'm not seeing it sadly

muppetlover123

Reaction score
sadly they probably won't make a game as I much I want one Disney didn't release one for the last film so theres a tiny chance but i'm not seeing it sadly

Well i just feel there is more of a plot for one this go around more adventury/video game type of movie the made one for the Smurfs 2 and Cars 2 maybe the will give Muppets a go..... we can hope

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I do think though that Disney doesn't want to sell out ALL the time, and they make video games when they find it applicable. This movie would be great for a video game, something I don't think the last movie could have achieved successfully. Here's hoping! :smile:

Peace

Reaction score
The problem with Muppet Video Games is that by translating it to a CGI medium, you inevitably lose the charm of the Muppets in the first place. You lose the life-like behaviour and spontaneity of the performers, things become very rigid and task based, and it misses the spirit of what the Muppets are and what they represent.

A tie-in game would just be simple game concepts like Point A to Point B or "Collect 100 Chickens!" with CGI Muppet Characters thrown in, since there's no real sense or desire for innovation when it comes to tie-in games, and frankly I have no desire to see any more soulless Muppet products churned out for cash.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
A new Muppet game has been a long time coming and maybe this new app is testing the waters? If we do get a Muppet game I don't it has to be specific to the new movie if anything it might incorporate all the movies.

A cool concept could be having Kermit travel from the muppet show all the way to Hollywood to become rich and famous. Having to deal with a Doc Hopper Muppets, a pirate Muppet etc... Maybe you can win money, bicycle or whatever by playing mini games back in TMS theatre with other characters (Pigs in Space: swinetrek flying and battling through space) . Anyway just an idea but the cool thing about a Muppet video game is the fact that you can make up whatever game you want and it'll still fit in with The Muppets. Muppet Racemania and Muppet Monster Adventure are great examples

Peace

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but every game I've seen that is just "a collection of minigames" has been terrible. It's like, if they don't have a concept for an original Muppet game, they shouldn't make one, not just churn out some generic '80s Video Game concepts with 3D Graphics. If there was going to be a Muppet game it would have to be a well made adventure game in it's own right, with competent comedy writers for the storyline.

But you'd still face the risk of losing the inherent charm of the Muppets by having them in 3D. I mean, look at the little subtle movements of Kermit's head, just by the repositioning of a finger. As much as they'd try, they'd lose a lot of the little character tics.

It would make money for Disney, and the Muppeteers would get paid for their voice acting (which is probably less than they'd make as Muppeteers) but I'm not sure if that money would go back into helping out future Muppet Productions or whether it would just be pocketed by Disney execs, unless of course the game sold phenomenally well, but seeing as a tie-in game is more likely to be a collection of minigames, there's no way it would possibly be a high seller.

Right now with the positive promotion that the Muppets are getting, I can't help but think a poorly made game would be detrimental to the brand as a whole, as a poorly made game might reinforce the belief that The Muppets are nothing but Disney's corporate puppets.