Special Preview of The Muppets 2015 TV Show

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
It's coming to Sacramento? Hot diggity!

@WalterLinz For your sake, I hope so too. But for the time being, there's going to be one at the San Diego County Fair, and that's at least 2 hours or so away from LA.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
This should come to Philly. We have been devoid of Muppets for far too long.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Could you just watch the Muppet pilot or did you have to watch the other shows they're promoting as well?
You could just watch the preview for the Muppets if you wanted. They had 3 different times for each one so you can watch whichever you prefer.

Daniel

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Interesting to see that in the "Return of the Queen" NBA-Finals-tie-in promo, you hear Kermit's edgy "bacon-wrapped" line more clearly than in the trailer.

ABC appears to be making it clear that this is how the network wants the series marketed, as a more in-your-face Muppet production than those we've seen before.

Curiouser and curiouser...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So I heard that somebody at Tough Pigs saw the pilot, so if there's anybody here who has seen it, can anybody tell me who performed Denise? We don't hear her voice in the previews.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
So I heard that somebody at Tough Pigs saw the pilot, so if there's anybody here who has seen it, can anybody tell me who performed Denise? We don't hear her voice in the previews.
Didn't see the pilot, but we hear her voice for like less than a second in the previews when Piggy pushes her aside when taking a selfie (hate that word) with Janice. I'm willing to bet she's being played by either Alice Dinnean or Leslie Carrara-Rudolph.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't gotten around to watching the whole Comic Con presentation, but early on, Bill Prady says that they can't legally broadcast the first episode and although they screened it at Comic Con claimed that they couldn't even legally show it there (though they did), claiming that the Comic Con audience was the only people who would ever see it.

I hope he was joking. I kind of feel like he was, considering the pilot was available for screening in select cities. I was really hoping that it would become a bonus feature on the season one DVD. I had wondered whether the plot would be expanded and they'd incorporate footage from the pilot (if they did, I guess they'd reshoot the scenes with Denise since she's getting rebuilt).

After all, clips from the pilot have been used in the trailer, which has not just been shown online but in TV commercials. Wouldn't they expect casual fans to see the clips in commercials and wonder why they aren't seeing them on the actual show (or maybe they expect people to search online if the pilot is leaked)?

Iscah

Reaction score
I suspect the "ban on broadcasting" might not extend to live screenings. Potentially that could mean it can be included on a physical DVD, but not shown on TV or streaming Internet. I don't know where the dividing line is.