Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What will the cover art look like?

Okay, not that I wouldn't still buy these puppies in a dingy brown paper wrapper. But I was disappointed in the first DVDs cover art - especially when the original movie posters are so beautiful. I hope they at least approach the art with the same taste and elegance as the Muppet Show DVD box set. :smile:

anathema

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Okay, not that I wouldn't still buy these puppies in a dingy brown paper wrapper. But I was disappointed in the first DVDs cover art - especially when the original movie posters are so beautiful. I hope they at least approach the art with the same taste and elegance as the Muppet Show DVD box set. :smile:
Yeah...the original poster art for TMM is a classic :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
For the muppets take manhattan DVD cover, I think that they made a poor choice with what picture to use. that picture seems to have been a favorite of hensons around 1999, as it was used several times then (on the back cover of the Muppets From Space soundtrack, on the cover of the Muppets game boy advance game, etc.). On that cover, Miss Piggy had the hairstyle that most fans are more familiar with as opposed to the hairstyle she had in te movie (no, I don't like that hairstyle, but it should have at least been consistant with the movies hairstyle), gonzo wore his modern 1990s outfit instead of the one in the movie, and the cover should have also included rowlf, Scooter, Rizzo, and maybe also the electric mayhem. maybe it would have been better if they used the cover from the Muppet Moments video and replaced the background with the new york background. at least that cover had the main cast from this movie, miss piggys hair was like it was in the movie, and gonzos outfit was the same.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indeed I agree... usually when something like this comes out, they either make a beautiful cover, or just rely on style guide stock pictures.

It would really be nice if they had set up some Muppet Posers to recreate the feeling of the movie or video. Similar to the Sesame Street ones, though, between you and me, Cookie Monster was added onto the Sing Yourself Siller" DVD last minute in Photo shop (look closely... you can see pixilizations in Telly's hair) to get another mainstream character in there.

But personally, I'd rather see what care goes into the DVD itself. I'd prefer a crummy cover with good special features than a good cover with crummy special features.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The cover I would love to see on the "Muppets take Manhatten" would be the cover they used on the book. I loved that cover. It featured most of the characters. I loved that one. Now for the TMM would be cool to see the old poster from UK. The one that has Kermit and Piggy kissing and the rest of them in the Fozzie's studabacker. (sorry for spelling)

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
The cover I would love to see on the "Muppets take Manhatten" would be the cover they used on the book. I loved that cover. It featured most of the characters. I loved that one. Now for the TMM would be cool to see the old poster from UK. The one that has Kermit and Piggy kissing and the rest of them in the Fozzie's studabacker. (sorry for spelling)
Yeah I was thinking the SAME thing for the Muppet Movie dvd cover. I love that poster. as for the MTM dvd I got it at walmart for like $5 I do love piggys hair now, every time i watch MTM i just HATE piggys hair it makes her look old. lol even my mom says that too! :halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
That is my favorite Muppet poster. Looking at it on my wall right now. If you remember the MC revamp, I used the Muppet-filled car to crash through the old interface and introduce the new one. How they can all fit in a studabaker I'll never know. The magic of Muppetyness.

As for Piggy's hair in MTM. Well, we now know it takes the pig ten times longer to grow out a bad perm. She must never do that to us again. He he. She can't pull off the Annie Sue fro. :mad: :concern:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Here's a Muppet News Flash!!! :

July 27, 2005 - A booklet inside The Muppets' Wizard of Oz reveals that Disney's remastered and restored reissues (which we mentioned last week) of The Muppet Movie and three other Muppet films will arrive in November.
source: ultimatedisney.com

that's about over 5 months :excited:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
:excited: guyzuvibzudaleabividibeobledeigoba HAPPY DANCE! Oh, and I'll have money by then, too... OH HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!