Special Announcement: New Puppetry forum awards!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of people here on the puppetry subforum that primarily visit here and don't check out other areas of the MC forum board. So i wanted to let everyone know some exciting news.

We have a tradition of honoring excellent fans, artists, and participation on the forum in our annual Muppet Central Forum Awards. Some of you may know that this year's ceremony was endangered due to low voter turnout but some tweeks have been made, voting and ceremony extended and the current thread with all the new information is at http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=52621

But here's the really exciting news. As things were being updated, the awards committee noticed an area of the forum that really deserved recognition for the incredible amount of talent, knowledge and information sharing that wasn't being properly honored and that is this here puppetry subforum. So we've added THREE new awards to the ballot specifically with this section in mind...

Outstanding Fan Puppeteer
Outstanding Fan Puppet Builder
Most Informative Puppetry Instruction

Those first two are meant to honor those puppeteers and puppet makers that have shared their talent with their fellow forum members. Both amateur/hobbyists and professionals are eligible, but ideally these should honor those that don't officially regularly work for Henson, Disney, or Sesame Workshop. Now i know there are freelancers and such that found themselves fortunate enough to be involved with them in some way on a project and that's fine - the idea is to honor those that tend to be more on the "fan" side of the forum as opposed to the Jerry Nelson's or Noel MacNeil's who also participate in the forum from time to time.

The third award is to honor those that are a constant wealth of helpful information and tips to others in the field of puppetry; sharing their knowledge, experience and tricks of the trade to help others be better. That might be in regards to building, puppeteering, or other aspects. This subforum is one of the best resources for those in the puppetry arts on the web and it's time that was recognized! This one is open to "Henson People" as well as "fans" since some of the best tips and information has come from people who've taken the time to generously share their professional knowledge with the overall community.

Please take the time to check out the awards and cast your votes for some of the incredible artists we have here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is really starting to get out of hand, lol.

I wouldn't mind being nominated for puppeteer, but there's tons of other people here who are so much better than I am, so I doubt I'd be nominated, lol.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Just so you guys know, I think voting ends tomorrow if you want to vote for anyone in these categories.