Spanish Word of the Day.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Couple of days ago when I was watching I saw the 1 where Gabby was trying to feed Natausha, she would say the 2 words for open and closed in Spanish and this time we heard Maria's voice saying aberta is Spainish for open. As I'm sure some of you know that aprt didn't exist in that skit originally. Now this isn't the 1st time such a thing happened. here's an example. http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=210185&postcount=5 because of what I mentioned, it makes me wonder why now they choose to have Maria point out what the to spaNISH words mean and not have done it the 1st time. 1 last thing Gabby says aberta and cerrada. the way I recall it's abierto and cerrado though I rememebr 1 cartoon 1 they pronounced closed cerrada.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
1 last thing Gabby says aberta and cerrada. the way I recall it's abierto and cerrado though I rememebr 1 cartoon 1 they pronounced closed cerrada.
Here's some more examples of this...in my Spanish class: the word for small is pronouced both picin~a and picin~o.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Here's some more examples of this...in my Spanish class: the word for small is pronouced both picin~a and picin~o.

Adjectives end with an "o" or an "a" depending on whether they are describing a masculine word or a feminine word, respectively. Hope this helps.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I learned about that in Spanish. By the way, another way to put a ~ over an "n" is to go to MS Word and choose "insert symbol," then you can copy that on to here. They also have that at freetranslation.com. Sorry to bore you with all that, but being a Spanish major I thought I'd bring that up.