Spammers at MC...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
After reviewing TommyDay's posts, the only thing that needed cleaning up was deleting a duplicate of the MFC soundtrack that member posted as a separate thread after posting it already in the thread titled "Your Favorite Muppet Christmas Special". So other than that, I don't find him "spammer" material. Julia Miller on the other hand, who bumped an old thread with a spam link and has already been deleted, now she was a spammer.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Silver Sands has been deleted, thanks for the report Sarge. :sing:

Hubert

Reaction score
Erm...not that it matters now, but as far as I can see, Silver Sands was simply a member who was confused about the forum. Their threads were actually reasonable discussion, so they probably just thought that posting in multiple places would get better results, or couldn't decided where to post it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
True... But that member was asking about how a show like The Muppet Show would play at a live venue, which makes me think they would have incurred in some copyright battle down the road, even if it was their own characters being performed by their own puppeteers. Meh, I'm just trying to do a job that gets tougher each day when discerning what members are legit and which are spammers, especially since I no longer get member registration notices which would help in establishing spambot patterns.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
SO was I wrong for reporting them as a spammer?

I was only thinking that they might be a problem in the future with spamming to promote this thing or spamming to have people feed them ideas... :/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You did good Sarge. Thing is, there are members I don't deal with immediately because they show up in the "Members Online" list at the bottom of the forum, but when I check their profile page, they're listed as "Registering" so I leave them alone until their status changes to "Registered" or it lists something else as their last known activity. And there have been some who've slipped past my detection, so all reports here are welcome, we just investigate each to make sure and then deal with them accordingly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Sarge. At this point, all I would be able to do is delete muppetspot2's posts on mass, but that's an extreme case reserved for either members who were/are known to be spammers and have ammased a large number of posts that need to be cleaned up; or when someone requests to have their account deleted.

You should ask Phillip why there isn't an option always available for moderators to deal with people who have become spammers past the point of time when mods can no longer delete the account outright.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
With all respect, shouldn't that be something that a mod addresses to him? I'm just a member who is noticing an increasing trend in people who are starting to post spam who have been members for a while.