Spaceship Surprise

superboober

Reaction score
How many of these were produced? I saw the ones where the visit the Planets Ch and Tr; were there any others?

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
wow, I almost forgot about these. I'm not sure if there were anymore other than the ones you mentioned. I think this series of sketches was discontinued due to the sudden deaths of Jim Henson, and Richard Hunt. From what I remember Jim and Richard both supplied the voices of 2 of the 4 main charachters on these.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've personally seen segments for "Planet H" and "Planet SH", too. Hunt's death probably wasn't the only reason for discontinuing them, though: I think the younger viewing audience (who'd have problems with advanced phonics) was partly responsible.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! This sketch almost completly sliped my mine until I was just reminded by in literaly just like a minut ago by this thread. I'm always on edge like that, where it's just in your memory just long enough to forget, and then something reminds me of it again. Thanks!:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... There were a total of four Spaceship Surprise sketches. The planets visited were CH chaired by Chief Chunky Cheese, SH marshalled by Sheriff Shane Shrimp, TR governed by Trevor the Trout, and H presided over by Hop-Along Hamster.
This sketch was also a parody of Star Trek, and in so doing, they switched the main cast to create two sets of parodies: one group was conceived in the image of spoofing the original Star Trek cast, and a second group was dubbed Spaceship Surprise: The Next Generation with Muppets reflecting the players from that Star Trek spin-off.
Hope this helps.