Sonia Manzano to Recieve Lifetime Achievement Daytime Emmy

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Sonia Manzano, who of course, we all know as Maria from "Sesame Street", will recieve the highest honor any TV actor can get, a Lifetime Acievement Award. The Daytime Emmys will be held on Sunday,May 1.
Unfortunately, according to "The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences" the awards will not be broadcast on TV this year:

"After months of negotiations to find show sponsorship, the NATAS Executive Board has decided that the current climate for awards shows prohibits the possibility of a telecast this year."

That being said, it's still very exciting and hopefully the ceremony will be available to watch on the internet soon.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/sonia-m...e-achievement-award-daytime-emmys-1201733062/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Current climate not conducive to an awards show being broadcast on television? :skeptical:

Hollywood is the most self-congratulatory industry that exists. You can't go a month without seeing a promo for this award show on such network or that other award show on the other network's competitor. Regular programming is either pre-empted for the freakin' award show, or other times we get a double-episode airing to prep for the next week's pre-emption.

Sorry, that should have been posted in the Rant Thread.
Congratulations to Sonia Manzano, a true pioneer in TV history for all people proudly of PR heritage. :smile: :excited: :electric: :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hollywood is the most self-congratulatory industry that exists. You can't go a month without seeing a promo for this award show on such network or that other award show on the other network's competitor. Regular programming is either pre-empted for the freakin' award show, or other times we get a double-episode airing to prep for the next week's pre-emption.
PREACH, BROTHA! PREACH! *Raise the roof*

No, seriously, that is the ding-dong truth. As I've said before, country music alone has like four different award shows just for them. Not only that, but we just had another music awards, right after we just had the Grammy's. Sure, Hollywood is really self-congratulatory, but the music industry is perhaps the most smug and arrogant about it.

C to the J

Reaction score
Truth be told, the people doing the most immoral acts on award shows are always defiling the American way of life. Just thinking about it leaves me repulsed.

Those who contribute to wholesome, educational shows for a living, on the other hand, truly deserve a lot of recognition. And I sure am glad Sonia is one of those people getting the award.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Current climate not conducive to an awards show being broadcast on television? :skeptical:

I don't even see why they bother with a Daytime Emmy Award at all. Soap Operas are gone ('cept for like, 2 of them). Judge programming certainly doesn't deserve an award by any stretch of the imagination or definition. The only thing it goes to are talk shows and kid's shows, mostly of the preschool variety. I'd say, absorb that into the main Emmys and shove that in the technical awards. But for the record, at least the children's television that qualifies for DT Emmys deserve some recognition (it usually goes to Sesame Street anyway).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That must be a great honor for her. I look forward to watching that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can still remember way back when when Caroll was receiving the award, and Big Bird was making the talk show rounds; I forget which show it was, but I remember Big Bird exclaiming, "Yay, Caroll Spinney! Go, Caroll Spinney! Wait . . . who's Caroll Spinney?"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I still feel like all of the original cast members deserve lifetime achievement awards.