Songs You Can't Stand

bandit

Reaction score
I like a lot of songs of all types but there are a few artists that i can't stand. I nominate anything by John Bon Jovi. I don't think he's terrible. Just a tribute to mediocrity. I have never understood his appeal. How his band has stayed around so long is beyond me. His music packs the same punch as flavorless white bread with the crust cut off. :grouchy:
Ooo! Mrroowwwr! Scathing! All true and yet...i cant help but sing along to some of his songs. He has gravity and it puuuuulls. I dont always want to fight it.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I like a lot of songs of all types but there are a few artists that i can't stand. I nominate anything by John Bon Jovi. I don't think he's terrible. Just a tribute to mediocrity. I have never understood his appeal. How his band has stayed around so long is beyond me. His music packs the same punch as flavorless white bread with the crust cut off. :grouchy:
The way you feel about Bon Jovi is the same way I feel about Journey. Just utter blandness, and the fact that Don't Stop Believing has turned into THE song to play at every social event ever held over, say, any other song recorded in the history of sound, is dumbfounding to me.

Regarding Bon Jovi, I thought him putting out a country album a couple years ago was one of the saddest attempts at commercial pandering I've ever seen, and somehow it worked. The fact that a (however nominal) rock artist needed to pander to another audience that badly in order to stay relevant says something bad about the state of today's rock music industry. There's nothing that screams "WASHED UP and DESPERATE" then either putting out a country album, or putting out an album of country remakes of your songs (hello Lionel Richie!). At least Darius Rucker completely washed out of rock before turning to country.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Man, that hurt. Bon Jovi is the reason I started listening to music in the first place. Though, I have stopped listening to Bon Jovi lately. I actually liked Lost Highway. It wasn't a great album by any stretch of the imagination but not as horrible as it could have been. Now The Circle (his latest album) was...just...possibly one of the worst albums I have ever bought. We Weren't Born to Follow was the only decent song on it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
the fact that Don't Stop Believing has turned into THE song to play at every social event ever held over, say, any other song recorded in the history of sound, is dumbfounding to me.
Because Journey is considered to be one of the greatest groups of our time, and that song apparently is considered to be THE number one song of the 80s.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Because Journey is considered to be one of the greatest groups of our time, and that song apparently is considered to be THE number one song of the 80s.
That's the equivalent of people saying twenty years from now that Third Eye Blind was the best band of the 1990s and that "Semi-Charmed Life" was the song. Strange what time does to music.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Man, that hurt. Bon Jovi is the reason I started listening to music in the first place. Though, I have stopped listening to Bon Jovi lately. I actually liked Lost Highway. It wasn't a great album by any stretch of the imagination but not as horrible as it could have been. Now The Circle (his latest album) was...just...possibly one of the worst albums I have ever bought. We Weren't Born to Follow was the only decent song on it.
Well, from the look of your avatar we'd probably agree on Foo Fighters. Iiiii like 'em! :halo:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Lol, don't worry, I'm not mad :wink: Everyone has different tastes in music. If we didn't, the music industry would be rather boring :stick_out_tongue: