Songs the Electric Mayhem could perform

kdking

Reaction score
Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top- I can picture either Floyd or Dr. Teeth performing it.

Money For Nothing by Dire Straits- Floyd's or Dr. Teeth's gruff vocals could work on this one, along with Janice on harmony

My Old Friend The Blues by Steve Earle- While this is more of a country tune it could work with Floyd's bluesy vocals

Kiki

Reaction score
"Back In Time" by Huey Lewis And The News-sung by Dr. Teeth, Floyd, and Janice

"Lonesome Loser" by The Little River Band-sung by Zoot and the rest of the band

"Walk Of Life" by Dire Straits-sung by Floyd and Janice
"Without You" by Harry Nilsson - sung by Floyd

"Maybelline" by Chuck Berry - sung by Dr. Teeth
David Bowie/ Nirvana: "The Man Who Sold The World" - sung by Floyd

The Cranberries: "Zombie" - sung by Janice

Frank/Nancy Sinatra: "Something Stupid" - sung by Janice and Floyd
Green Tambourine by the Lemon Peppers
Dust in the Wind by Kansas
The Stranger by Billy Joel
I Saw Her Standing There by The Beetles
Particle Man by They Might Be Giants
All those ideas... above... they rock, I can picture them all. :big_grin: I've been looking for this thread for a while, so it's good to see that it has been "bumped" up. :smile: Though... I forgot most of my ideas. O_O The good ones, that is. xPP Ah well, here's some ideas anyway... :3

"Money" -Pink Floyd (Prol'ly Floyd on vocals, accompanied by Dr. Teeth. And Zoot would obviously do the great sax bit in the song).

"Kool Thing" -Sonic Youth (Janice even reminds me of Kim Gordon, soooo....).

"No One Loves Me (And Neither Do I)" -Them Crooked Vultures (Floyd on vocals, I suppose. Maybe with Dr. Teeth, too? Dunno why, but I can also picture Zoot singing... that's odd :confused:).

"Karn Evil 9" -Emerson Lake and Palmer (The second part. I dunno. I can just picture Dr. Teeth stabbing his keyboard, a la Keith Emerson. Hah xP).

"The Lions and the Cucumber" -The Vampire Sound Inc. (Ha. Hahahaww. Listen to it. Like, now. It's an awesome song, and... VERY muppety. Animal on vocals, put it that way).

"All Apologies" -Nirvana (Floyd on vocals).

"Rockin' All Over the World" -Status Quo (Floyd and Dr. Teeth on vocals).

"Long Road to Ruin" -Foo Fighters (Hellllz yush. Floyd on vocals, and perhaps Dr.Teeth would sing the chorus).

I shall think up s'more. O_O

blackaerin

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Electric mayhem sing their own version of "Officer Krupke" from West Side Story as a way of making fun of Sam whenever he gets on his morality spiels concerning their music.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The Beatles: "I'm A Loser" sung by Zoot or Floyd

"Oh Happy Day" sung by Janice, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Lips, Animal, and Zoot backed up by a real choir

Ray Charles: "What I Say" sung by Dr. Teeth

The Mamas and the Papas: "Monday Monday" sung by Janice and Floyd

*More contemporary songs*

The Kooks: "Shine On" sung by Zoot, Floyd, and Janice

Kate Voegele: "99 Times" sung by Janice

Collective Soul: "Better Now" sung by Dr. Teeth, Floyd, and Janice

beakerboy12

Reaction score
A rock version of Rainbow Connection with Kermit singing during the verses, then Floyd, Dr. Teeth, or Janice during the chorus.:sing:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'd really be interested in seeing them do "La Vie Boheme" from the musical Rent, but some people might think it's too risque for the Muppets (if you don't know the lyrics, google them and you'll see what I mean).

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I am not sure why, but I have always pictured the Mayhem Singing Elton John's "Your Song" with Floyd on vocals. While I do realize that Elton himself appeared on TMS (with the Mayhem backing him), that doesn't mean the Electric Mayhem can't cover one of his songs, right?

blackaerin

Reaction score
I'd love to hear the Electric Mayhem cover "Everybody Wants to Be a Cat" from Disney's Aristocats with Lips wailing on his trumpet and Dr. Teeth, Floyd, and Janice rocking the vocals.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I heard Hotel California on the radio the other day and my mind almost immediately started picturing Electric Mayhem performing it. Although the more I think of it the more I think this is one that maybe the whole Muppet Cast should do ala Bohemian Rhapsody.

And for that matter Electic Mayhem or all the Muppets need to do American Pie. (No not the stupid low brow excuse for comedy movie, the classic song)

some others:

Your Mamma Don't Dance -Loggins & Messina
Teach Your Children Well -Crosby Stills and Nash
House of the Rising Sun -?(most famous version is By The Animals but it dates back further)