Songs the Count would like...

Drtooth

Reaction score
My sister showed me a Vocaloid song where one of them sings all the digits of Pi... oh yeah, he'd rather like that one.

And if 50 Ways to leave your Lover had 50 actual ways to it, he'd like it a LOT more.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Since it first came out, i always imagined The Count would be ecstatic with Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" counting all the "Eddie are you okay?"'s. And instead of just buying the single, he should get the whole album to count all the "whoo"'s.

1000 Beautiful Things by Annie Lennox.

"It's a Sin" by Pet Shop Boys always reminded me of The Count. Thunderclaps, organ riff that sounds like the kind you hear on a lot of his classic songs and even a countdown.

Another song that always gave me major Count vibes was Eurythmics' Doubleplusgood which is from the 1984 (For the Love of Big Brother) album which they made for Michael Radford's film version of Orwell's 1984. The end of the song has Annie doing a ten to one countdown that never reaches the end because it keeps starting over in the middle - and in parts Annie sounds like The Count having one of his fits of counting ecstacy ("TEN! TEN! Ten nine eight...TEN TEN!") Definately a fun song for Muppet fans to check out just because she ends up sounding so much like she's doing a Count impression without trying to! (Similarly, there are parts during "Sexcrime 1984" where her adlibs sound like she's doing a Daffy Duck impersonation)

...and no matter HOW many times i watch Muppet Family Christmas, i'm always so sure that THIS time when i watch, during the big carol sing that when Fozzie sings "I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me" the Count will pop up shouting "One, Two Bears! Ah ha ha...oh, excuse me")

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
There's also "God's Top Ten" by INXS

and "Eight Days A Week" by The Beatles

And of course, I'm sure The Count would love "Rock Around the Clock" and the "Happy Days" theme song for that matter (since he can count days of the week in that song- and hey, educate the kids on counting and days of the week at the same time! It'd be pretty fitting too since both Richie and Fonize have made appearances on Sesame Street before.):smile::batty:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
A thousand miles
Five Thousand miles

Those were just the first two that popped into my head. Can't think of any more at the moment. But this is a cool thread.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I just thought of another one- and another TV show theme song. The theme song to "My Two Dads" -
"You can count on me- no matter what you do, you can count on me.....":batty::smile: