1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Songs That Make You Cry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhiteRabbit, Jan 12, 2011.

1. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

A far friend of mine wrote a song 'bout an unreachable love.
    :'( how recognizable...
  2. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Impossible Dream-Man of La Mancha
    When I Grow To Old To Dream
    Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life-Monty Python
    Never Walk Alone
    Music of the Night-Phantom of the Opera
  3. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

"Asleep in the Light" by Keith Green (best witnessing song I've ever heard- "Jesus came to your door- you've left Him out on the street"...)
    "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle
    "Thank You" by Ray Boltz
    "For Annie" by Petra
    and sometimes "Honestly" by Stryper
    "I Wish We'd All Been Ready" by Larry Norman
    and definitely "The Prodigal Son Suite" by Keith Green
    (of course, I cry just reading Luke 15 in the Bible)

(I guess I could say sometimes on all of these because it kinda depends on how I'm feeling at times. But those all definitely tug at my heartstrings.)
    "Deathbed" by Relient K- (such an incredible, powerful song- what a great tribute to the change Jesus Christ makes in a person's life- "Jesus, please forgive me of my crimes. Sanctify this withered heart of mine. Stay with me until my life is through. And on that day, please take me home with You...."
    And I love the last lines (with Jon Foreman of Switchfoot singing- that was a great touch!) Jesus speaking- "I am the Way- Follow Me and take My hand. And I am the Truth- embrace Me and you'll understand. And I am the Life- and through Me you'll live again. For I am Love. I am Love. I AM Love.")

And particularly after his death,
    "Elijah" by Rich Mullins
    :concern::cry:
    But because of 1 Corinthians 15:20-22, I can cry with hope, knowing that because Jesus died and rose, He will also raise me up because of my faith in Him. And those who have died in Christ will live again for eternity in Heaven.:)
  4. JaniceFerSure

Beautiful by Christina Aguilera
    Post-Mortem Bar by Zane Campbell
  5. JaniceFerSure

Unpretty-TLC
    Days Like This-Van Morrison
  6. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

"Goodbye My Lover" - James Blunt

"Cowgirls Don't Cry" - Brooks & Dunn

"Over the Rainbow" - Eva Cassidy version

"Tears in Heaven" - Eric Clapton

There are others, but these are the ones I can think of right now.
  7. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas ~ Judy Garland
    Faded Love ~ Pasty Cline
    You and Me Against The World ~ Helen Reddy
    Time After Time ~ Cyndi Lauper
    Lost in Your Eyes ~ Debbie Gibson <3
  8. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

He Aloha Mele and Pua Olena, both from the Tia Carrere album Hawaiiana. At least, I cried the first time I heard them, but the cry was needed at the time.
    Cal Smith - Country Bumpkin
    Sheena Easton - Morning Train (I got laughed at for this one...)
    Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
    Grace - Irish standard
    Loch Lomond

I'm sure there are other songs that've made me cry before; I'll post them when I think of them. As for songs that've touched me to varying degrees:

The Peace Carol and When the River Meets the Sea from A Christmas Together
    Alice Keep Dreamin'
    John Denver - Eclipse, (and this was before I really listened to the lyrics!)
    My Funny Friend and Me (Never saw the Emperor's New Groove.)
    Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, & Sting - All For Love
    Rod Stewart - Broken Arrow
    Ma Belle Evangeline from the Princess and the Frog
    Rod Stewart - Motown, (because it reminds me of where I grew up)
    I Don't Understand Him from Fraggle Rock, (especially since I had a pretty big argument with my mom on the day I first heard it)
  9. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

"Why" by Annie Lennox
    "Wintersong" by Sarah MacLachlan
  10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

"Yes, We Have No Bananas"

:cry:

Why is it so sad? Because...didn't you hear? They have no bananas! They have no bananas today!

:crazy:

Okay, so I stole that line from Homer Simpson (from the episode where Bart falls in love with Reverend Lovejoy's daughter), but it was too darn funny that I had to use it here.
  11. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - The pretenders
    Streets of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen
  12. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

There have been several songs that made me cry:
    -Flying Dreams from The Secret of NIMH
    -Tomorrow is Another Day and Someone's Waiting for You from The Rescuers
    -When Somebody Loved Me- Toy Story 2
    -Just One Person-of course by The Muppets
    -Valentine- Martina McBride
  13. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

Now My Feet Wont Touch the Ground - Colplay
    It's a Motherf*cker - The Eels
    The End of the Innocence - Don Henley
    Fields of Gold - Sting
    One Step Closer - U2
  14. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I Can't Love You Back - Easton Corbin... story of my life :sympathy:
  15. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

This is the song I failed to mention for the first time, but another song that makes me cry almost every time I hear it is My Mother from The Chipmunk Adventure. I know that's an odd choice, but I can't help but cry during this song. When I hear the song, I always think of my mom and not knowing what I'd do without her.

Another one was If We Hold On Together from The Land Before Time, the first movie in the series.
  16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

"Pieces" by RED, because it was the song I was listening to when I found out one of my Great Uncles passed away.

"Goodbye May Seem Forever" from The Fox and the Hound.

"Someday" by Celtic Women (really, any version will fit here).

"For Good" from Wicked!

And finally, the big one...

"SAGITTA LUMINIS" from the Puella Magi Madoka Magica soundtrack. FULL VERSION. The one song that can make me tear up, no matter what mood I'm in. So beautiful, I'd LOVE to see this played live by a full orchestra. LOVE. So beautiful!
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah. Anime has the most emotionally manipulative background music there is when it comes to mood music. Basically any depressing minor key underscore, usually of the upbeat theme song, where one of the characters dies, and all the heroes are morning over them. Especially when the hero tearfully swears vengeance on the villain. That stuff gets to me. I teared the heck up when they played "See you again, Hero" during the 7 Devils Saga from Kinnikuman, where Kinnikuman was waiting for his friends (mostly dead) to come back. Seriously, I really like anime, but even the upbeat shows are depressing. And the depressing ones (like Madoka Magica) are soul crushing.
  18. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

"Robin's Song" (from Tom and Jerry: The Movie (the only thing I actually liked about that movie was that song. I cry every time I hear it))

"My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw (Makes me bawl like a baby every time my dad plays that song. It was even our father/daughter dance at my Sweet 16)

"Happy/Sad" (from The Addams Family musical) (The best time I heard that song was when I saw Roger Rees as Gomez. (*It was my second time seeing the show and it was two months or so before Brooke Shields joined the cast) I swear, I could not stop crying even after the last note was played.)

"Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" (from The Phantom of The Opera) (Whenever I sing this song, I always end up crying.)

"A Little Fall Of Rain" (from Les Miserables) (Probably one of the most beautiful love songs I've ever heard. Can't wait to see how it'll look in the movie version
    SPOILER: Why Eponine!?!!? Why did you have to die!?!?! )
  19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I believe I mentioned this in another thread some time back, but the Blue Fairy's song from the Canadian animated version of The Velveteen Rabbit tends to make me a little emotional.
  20. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

My friend introduced me to this song...