Songs That Make You Cry Redux

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We used to have this thread, but it's evidently been deleted (that seems to becoming a common trend around here anymore).

Anyshoe, I don't believe I ever posted in the original thread, because there's just really not a song out there that's ever really made me cry before . . . or so I thought. Listening to game music on YouTube, I was suddenly reminded of this:

Lemme tell ya, whenever I would play LOZ as a little kid, I would have to push the start button immediately after the start screen came up, because if I didn't, as soon as I heard those notes change at 0:11, and saw that opening narrative start scrolling, I'd bawl like a baby.

Looking back on it now, I'm laughing inside. Considering this really isn't even too different from the overworld music, perhaps just played at a slower tempo is all . . . but man, oh man, at four and five years old, that would kill me everytime.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe the same reason why the old Survey thread got deleted?

Anyway, I always tear up whenever I hear this song. There is just something about Bette Midler's performance of this that makes it so darn beautiful. :cry:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes long/huge threads have to be deleted due to either spammers posting plus ensueing related posts or people ask to have their posts deleted, that and it just becomes a mess trying to sort out which posts should be deleted. So the easier solution is to chuck the whole thing and have a new thread start up to take the original's place.

That said... Honest Lullaby from the Joan Baez TMS episode always gets to me. That, and the song "Cat's In The Cradle".

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Sometimes long/huge threads have to be deleted due to either spammers posting plus ensueing related posts or people ask to have their posts deleted, that and it just becomes a mess trying to sort out which posts should be deleted. So the easier solution is to chuck the whole thing and have a new thread start up to take the original's place.
Interesting thing is that some forums I'm on are a lot stricter - you set up another thread after it's been deleted and you might be in trouble. :stick_out_tongue: You guys are cool like that. :smile:

Anyways, here's a couple hair metal songs that always get me: