"Songs from Sesame Street", Peter Pan LP

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
No offense, but we fans usually avoid those records. They're worth as much as public domain cartoon tapes. :wink: Still, I hope yours gets a bid.

aworldinvented

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
No offense, but we fans usually avoid those records. They're worth as much as public domain cartoon tapes. :wink: Still, I hope yours gets a bid.
well, my question was about the record. i am not really familiar with what the "fans" find appealing or not...so, maybe someone can fill me in on why they are not worth anything. i am not familiar with any of the peter pan recordings...but, i find it interesting that the "fans" would think that something henson ok'd is crap.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
The songs on these records are not performed by the original Muppet/Sesame performers. They are COVERS. And they are usually overshadowed by the original CTW product.

aworldinvented

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
The songs on these records are not performed by the original Muppet/Sesame performers. They are COVERS. And they usually aren't as good as the original CTW product.
that's interesting...thanks. covers or not..the LP artwork and the description of sesame street on the back is pretty cool.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
The songs on these records are not performed by the original Muppet/Sesame performers. They are COVERS. And they are usually overshadowed by the original CTW product.

Scary thing this thread....

I was at a used record store a few days ago, and they had another Peter Pan cover LP of Sesame Street.....

It was something like Donny Duck (or something) Sings the songs of Sesame Street.

The Duck was a pretty odd copy of Donald Duck, looked a lot like Magica DeSpell, with Disco chains... Of course, i can only surmise this record is a cheap cover copy of Sesame Street Disco and Sesame Street Fever. Since they don't have the copywrites, they drew their own characters including Micky Mouse looking aliens (I'm guessing they Sing Being green, since they can't use Kermit)

The artwork was better, but it is the scariest thing I've ever seen.... Kept me up all night... it was 5 bucks....I would only buy it so people don't think I'm lying about it. it does exist... to my misfortune...