snoop no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I was referring of course to the Sesame HIV thread that was hijacked by some extremely disturbing extremist views.
OH GOD!!! please don't remind me.That was a real DISASTER!!!!! Philip Chapman had to intervine and get rid of all these posts. A lot of hate on BOTH sides of the arguement. I still wonder if that guy got kicked off the site. I read it last week, and I was so mortified by the whole experiance. GEEEZZZ!! We sure get passionate around here!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I still wonder if that guy got kicked off the site.
Yes he did get banned. If anyone has any suspicions that a trouble-maker has returned please write a moderator

For about a week, I've been trying to track down the Rolling Stone pic. All the issues here are already off the shelves. Jamie found it and sent it in this morning. I've added the photo to Henson's release from last Friday since it's possible we may never see this scene.

For me, the real litmus test of this will be when we find out the length of the TV movie. Originally slated for 2 hours, if it's cut to one hour or an hour and a half, we know a lot was cut. If it remains at two hours, then we know either not as much was cut or parts were reshot. Hopefully the special won't greatly suffer if 30 minutes of cuts indeed take place.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/092702.shtml

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

OH MY GOD !!

Where did that picture come from Phil ?

It seems like Janice is talking there, I sure hope so !
She also looks very The Muppet Show Janice, Not like the Puppet they used in Muppet Treasure Island.

It feels weird talking about her and saying 'Puppet'.

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The article goes on to explain Snoop's interest in turning over a new leaf and making efforts to entertain his kids through various children's projects.

Yeah, Janice looks like she is saying something. I am very disappointed that this scene has been cut. Heck, write Henson and ask them to include the scene on the DVD if it is released.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Janice

YUCK!! it looks like the 1980's pony tail is back!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You are right. It's things like that - that makes Henson seem really out of touch with the times. I liked the ponytail in the 80s but would it really be that hard to get a pair of scissors and snip it off. Give it to Byron. I'm sure he'd like it!

The Electric Mayhem needs to find some new threads. Not too outrageously modern, but something that is a bit more influenced by the times. They seemed to have stopped doing that 20 years ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mean, I really hate that pony tail, both in looks and significance. Since it's an eighties style, it shows the dreadful step from her going from Hippy child of the 60's to money child of the 80's!

Of course, it was a bandaid solution for her hair getting caught in her mouth!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I liked the ponytail in the 80s but would it really be that hard to get a pair of scissors and snip it off. Give it to Byron. I'm sure he'd like it!<<<

You guys say some of the funniest stuff!

I have a very very big feeling there could have been some really golden banter between Snoop and the Electric Mayhem...and do to some parental complaints and other red tape, we may never get to see those...not to mention the other 25 minutes that were cut. I mean bucthering MFC...releasing the two classic retelling films in pan and scan, etc....but man! Obviously these scenes arent outrageous for television or the family if they were approved and filmed.

Sounds like Rivkin and company are just trying to save face to a few outpsoken censors at the expense of art.

>>>Since it's an eighties style, it shows the dreadful step from her going from Hippy child of the 60's to money child of the 80's!<<<

funny thing is, when MTM got released on vhs in 1999 Janice looked to once again fit in with the times of the late 90's(Puma styled jogger pants with white stripe down the sides that the band Korn reintroduced)

But I agree with others...the Electric Mayhem needs a total makeover. Maybe they could give them shiny silver coats and give em that futuristic glam look? Err, maybe not.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
they shouldn't make over the Mayhem...they look good, real good.

But I dislike Janice's ponytail...not too much, but enough..they should vary...hey, why not? Sometimes I have a pony tail and sometimes I don't...why can't she?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that Zoot needs some tight vinyl pants (hey, maybe Janice could) but I feel they need to go back to their classic look and make some modern accents. The Muppets have been caught in a time warp for a decade and they really need to get out of it or instead of telling the jokes, they will become the joke (i.e. Scooby Doo). And none of us wants that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.