snoop no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure whoever did play Janice did an all right job....not that we'll ever know now.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm going to go remove all swear words and references to love out of my "Pulp Fiction" DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Tooth, you are fricking kidding me...the one scene with Electric Mayhem got cut???????????

Lastly, I wish someone had complained about Hulk Hogan in MFS befor eit ewas released...he virtually hands down ruins what semblence of cool the film has left with his unwatchably horrid cameo.
Yes!! The Electric Mayheim was supposed to perform with Snoop! This really ticks me off. SHow of Hands: who wants Pat E. to goosestep her way out of Muppet Central say AYE! Sorry! That was harsh! But I don't want the Rightwing Moral Majority Minority to shred my Muppet shows to bits!!!

As for Hulk Hogan, I REALLY didn't like him in the film (and Traveling Matt was cut from the product?) Though, the bad guy joke was funny for two seconds. BTW, I did not like Kathy Griffen UNTIL MFS and Dilbert! I never thought she was funny until then! Maybe it was just that Suddenly Susan was so awful (even with Eric Idle)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey, now

I think it's going a little too far with the insults and there has been some inflammatory language on both sides here.

I know things are heated on the forum right now but lets not make it personal. This originated as a healthy debate about the Muppet special; there has been no wrongdoing between members but it is definitely heading in that direction.

This is really about difference of opinion, but I can see this getting out of hand quickly. I'm all for a civil debate but lets not lose site that we should respect the opinions of others. Patty certainly did not single-handedly ruin Christmas or make the decision to delete the scene. No individual has that control. That is up to Henson. We are some very passionate Muppet fans indeed!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Hey, now

Originally posted by frogboy4

I know things are heated on the forum right now but lets not make it personal. This originated as a healthy debate about the Muppet special; there has been no wrongdoing between members but it is definitely heading in that direction.

This is really about difference of opinion, but I can see this getting out of hand quickly. I'm all for a civil debate but lets not lose site that we should respect the opinions of others. Patty certainly did not single-handedly ruin Christmas or make the decision to delete the scene. No individual has that control.
I know and I appologize! The Goosestep comment was WAYYYYY out of line! WAY WAY WAY out of line! You know I have a bad temper, and I'm sorry If I can't take this in good humor. I reiterate! I appologize! Dr. Tooth is all about love! I just can't stand being so close to an Electric Mayheim comeback, only to have it edited out! I bet a lot of people would be ticked! "specially Byron!

As for the Patt E debate, I just wanted to put a face on my disgust! Though, I wouldn't be surprised that a few angry letters fueled their decidion. Ren and Stimpy was all but taken off the air, after two angry letters by watchdog groups.

As for respecting opinions, I'm not sure she really respects ours, however!

Once again, I appologize!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree - things are really passionate on all sides and I don't believe that everyone is listening to each other here. There are some valid points on both sides, but Patty is a new member and she does sign her posts with "respectfully" so we must give her the benefit of the doubt. Many people come on a little strong when they join the forum (I was no exception). Some of the rhetoric on both sides has been rather over-the top and tempers get heated (mine has certainly been hot in the past too). It's best to be patient or wait an hour to post when that happens. Most of the time you will find that such responses are just not worth it.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Many people come on a little strong when they join the forum (I was no exception). Some of the rhetoric on both sides has been rather over-the top and tempers get heated (mine has certainly been hot in the past too). It's best to be patient or wait an hour to post when that happens. Most of the time you will find that such responses are just not worth it.<<<

Boy Ive learned that. I realize a lot of times it seems like I am over stretching my opinions. So Ive realized its just not worth it to get into it in a non orderly debate.

But I have to say...fort hose who think the recent '9 days' or Snoop thread got ugly, I just have to point to that Sesame HIV thread to illustrate how truly far away from the spirit of things we can get on here.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
<<But I have to say...fort hose who think the recent '9 days' or Snoop thread got ugly, I just have to point to that Sesame HIV thread to illustrate how truly far away from the spirit of things we can get on here>>

What'dya mean in that Cory? Not at all bashing, just wondering what you mean. Maybe a different thread than the one I posted in? I thought the HIV+ Thread where me and Annika were posting was pretty orderly...I bared my amazingly soft center in that one, like always. :smile:

So just set me straight so I don't keep wondering in the dark...I could bump into something and have a vase break on my head. Then I wouldn't be able to coach the big game...Payton would have to do it all by himself!! Ek...lapsed into a Coach episode...sorry about that...:big_grin:

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Oh sorry for not clarifying my man...I was referring of course to
the Sesame HIV thread that was hijacked by some extremely disturbing extremist views. And yes, yours and Annika's thoughts on one of those related threads were well appreciated.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Someone help me out here. Where was it said that Snoop's scene with the EM was the only scene with the EM in the whole movie? I haven't read that in any of the articles or press releases. (It might be in one of the other Snoop threads, but there are roughly 100 of those! So if someone could point me in the right direction.) Maybe they appear somewhere else in the movie.

Something that concerns me that no one's been talking about...they said 30 MINUTES was chopped from the film. Celebrity cameos in Muppet movies are usually just limited to about 5 minutes or so. So what else was cut? Will the special now be 90 min. with commercials instead of 2 hours? And if Snoop's appareance was more than just a cameo, then how much damage was done to the comprehensibility of the plot by removing all of his scenes?

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Tom,

Hours of movies end up on the cutting room floor in edit - my guess is that they just used 30 minutes to try to make this press release not just one about Snoop getting cut. They are trying to say that we cut thirty minutes and it just happened to include Snoops scenes - because basically they don't want to have to write a press attention attracting release that says 'we cut Snoop because we had second thoughts and realised he wasn't the right person to have cameo in our movie'. It kinda saves face for both them and for snoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.