Snoop Doggy Dog (The Degenerate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

towels

Reaction score
Re: Snoop Doggy Dog- Degenerate Lifestyle

Originally posted by Patty E.
FellowWLover is right, he maintains his "gang affiliation."
Actually, if you read what was posted, his gang affiliation was in the past.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with everyone else. It's not like Snoop Dogg's gonna come on and bust a cap in Kermit. He's doing this for his kids! I think that's a nice, fatherly thing to do. Also, it sounds like he's somewhat raising his kids on the Muppets! Which would be a good influence for them. Remember, the guy was a hardcore rapper, yes, but he's also a father.

And as everyone else has already pointed out the Muppets is pretty adult-based and has a long list of controversial celebrities. Now they may not seem so controversial but at the time they were. 10 years from now Snoop Dogg will seem like Snoopy the dog.

And one more thing. Why are there two boards based on this?

^_^ Debo

tomahawk

Reaction score
patty e decided because snoop is so degrading and immoral that one board was obviously not enough.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
You know, maybe Emenem would have been a better choice...you know, because he seems to be thought of as 'safe' amongst the suburban soccer mom picket fence community.
...mainly because he's white. DOn't get me started...

Anyway, it's not so much about his writing songs about slapping "B's" and "H's" (and I don't mean Birds and Homers), and the drugs, and the filthy sex talk, I just plain don't like him. However, after Coolio appeared on a recent America's Funniest Home Videos, I think these people are settling down, giving up their bad boy image and getting to make the public like them more.

However, rereading this post I must say, we have to try everything possible to stop the jaded public from thinking that the Muppets are "Kiddy stuff" while they watch more juvenile garbage like "The Batchelor" and "AFV."

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
. Now they may not seem so controversial but at the time they were. 10 years from now Snoop Dogg will seem like Snoopy the dog.

I hope not. In order for that description to come true, society as we know it would have to degenerate considerably!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
..well...Jerry Springer is still on the air.

Patty E.

Reaction score
Snoop Doggy Dog (The Degenerate)

Tomahawk to answer your question:

Compensation is irrelevant, sleaze is sleaze.

Respectfully,
Patty E.
Email: PEgerer@aol.com

towels

Reaction score
I disagree! There are different levels of sleaze!

Pepe selling seafood was slightly sleazy.
Being a slumlord is quite sleazy.
Forcing your preschooler into beauty pagents hints of sleaziness.
Not letting the Muppets into the Chicago Speedway because they weren't getting a cut of the profits seems a little sleazy.
Corporate CEOs selling stock options before running the company into bankruptcy is pretty sleazy.
The Man Show tries for sleaziness.

Obviously creating adult entertainment is higher on your sleaze scale than it is mine.
Personally, I am much less bothered by sex than violence, because one is consensual and the other isn't. I like being able to make my own moral choices.

As an aside, does this mean Snoop would have fit into the Muppet pilot?

:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know - do we forget that The Muppet Show pilot was titled - Sex and Violence? Just seems to me that we are over-thinking this. Interesting debate though. I just really don't care very much. Hulk Hogan appearing with the Muppets is more offensive to me - just because he's such a C Level star these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.