Snl

C'irdan

Reaction score
Ack! This was horrible...but it's a huge muppet reference I just saw on TV!!! I was just watching comedy central and they were playing a rerun of a 1997 SNL episode with Martin Short as the host. The second sketch was an interview with Jackie Rogers Jr. (played by Martin Short) and Barbara Walters. She kept saying, oh but Jackie, what about those dark years, huh Jackie? Who could forget your drunken performance of that christmas special so many years ago! Then it cut to a scene with a short brick wall and a piggy replica (not a bad one either) behind it and Jackie wearing a santa hat and drunkenly singing while fake snow fell. Then at the bottom of the screen it said: Jackie Rogers Jr. and The Muppets: A Xmas Special. Then Jackie Rogers grabbed miss piggy and we saw a hippie guy with a blond afro and big square glasses pull his hand out, while miss piggy's voice was still going and the puppeteer wasn't!!!wierd. Anyways he grabbed the puppet and threw her down beneath him and...well...you see what's coming. Then the police came and pulled him away. It was really disgusting...but it was a pretty big muppet reference alright. And really awful of Martin Short as he hosted Muppets Tonight only a year before!-didn't he? :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Personally, I've never found Martin Short to be funny at all, and haven't figured out yet why he's famous. Ed Grimley wasn't even funny. The only funny thing he's ever done was 3 Amigos, and only because Steve Martin and Chevy Chase!!

FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
What about Father of the Bride?

His stage work is great too, unfortunatly not many people get to see him. Right now he's doing the Producers in LA.