Small dogs

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So this is something I feel the need to vent about - small, yip-barking dogs.

Anyone out there find the sound of a bark from a small dog annoying? Like chihuahua's, shitzu's, etc? I have a neighbor next door who has a big dog, and I think his daughter adopted a smaller one. Since then, the thing does not know when to shut up, and while I'm against animal cruelty, I'm just tempted to put a permanent muzzle on that mouth.

Can anyone else relate to this?

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, yes. I worked as a dog-groomer for many years and when we had a full schedule, like on the weekends, and the salon was full of dogs (especially small ones), I sometimes thought my head would crack from the shrill sound of their barking. I think they bark more than the large dogs, to be honest, and I can understand why: they are so little but think they are so big, they need to get many little barks out to make up one BIG one, LOL.

My all-time most hated bark though is from a medium-sized dog: the beagle. While the shrill voices of little dogs hurt my ears and can give me a migraine, the baying bark of the beagle annoys me beyond words and makes me very short-tempered.

That said, I love, absolutely LOVE, big dogs. Golden Retrievers, Great Pyrenees, and German Shepherds are my top favourites. :smile:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah, beagles and their howls. My neighbor had a beagle named Buddy before he passed away this year (I think). He was a nice pup, but they constantly let him run loose which isn't good.

Getting past the howling though, they are one of my favorite breeds. I think my least favorite one is the chihuahua. I just find them annoying.