Slimey the Worm

BEAR

Reaction score
I always thought Slimey was so cute and it was usually him that brought out the more sensitive side to Oscar. When did he start talking? Sometimes I watch and notice Slimey talks in really high almost obnoxious voice. Does anyone know who is providing the voice? I know that Martin Robinson usually manipulates Slimey, but is it his voice as well? I liked it better when he didn't talk at all. What do you think?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The first time I heard him talk was in "The Hurricane, Part 1". Gordon and Bob were beggin Oscar to come to Bob's apartment so his can wouldn't blow away. Slimey came up, and almost got blown away. That convinced HIM. "I wan' go Bob's!" he said, but not very clearly. Since then, he's talked in sort of a gibberish, THEN in the season 36 premiere, during the "Trash Gordon" segment, Slimey talked clearly. Personally, I like it when he talks, because he's one of those characters you wish you knew what they were saying. I'm not sure that's Marty doing the voice. Slimey doesn't seem his sort of Telly-ish accent.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
The first time I heard him talk was in "The Hurricane, Part 1". Gordon and Bob were beggin Oscar to come to Bob's apartment so his can wouldn't blow away. Slimey came up, and almost got blown away. That convinced HIM. "I wan' go Bob's!" he said, but not very clearly. Since then, he's talked in sort of a gibberish, THEN in the season 36 premiere, during the "Trash Gordon" segment, Slimey talked clearly.

That isn't on the Friends to the Rescue dvd. Thats weird. Did they cut a lot of the scenes out for the dvd release?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't have the DVD. But I have those episodes on tape, but I don't do online trading. Would like to compare the DVD footage with the actual TV footage though?

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I don't have the DVD. But I have those episodes on tape, but I don't do online trading. Would like to compare the DVD footage with the actual TV footage though?

Why would they cut out stuff. It could have been so much better if they didnt.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't remember Slimey talking in the hurricane episode, but I do remember one of the characters in Oscar's can wanting to go to Bob's. I wish they'd replay it so I could listen for that again. I remember there's a song in the lyrics archive where it mentions that Slimey sings a song when he lands on the moon, so that could technically be the first time he talked. As for who does the voice, I don't know if a performer is given credit for that. It could be Marty doing the talking and his voice just sped up. Besides, who says all Marty's characters have to sound like Telly? A lot of characters with the same performer sound nothing alike.

superfan

Reaction score
I agree with Bear; I too liked it better when he didn't talk...
question, though...did he talk on the WASA episodes (when he trained for and went to outerspace?)