1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Slackbot draws stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Slackbot, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Cantus' Script: Um...I drew this after editing a chapter of The Minstrel's Path. It was in a flaky, punchy mood, and in suchlike circumstances I tend to draw odd things. So... Cantus, in between takes, reads his script. Gave 'im glasses 'cause I always imagined he was farsighted. He never seems to look at anything in particular, even people's faces.
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Ha! I don't whether or not I like his slippers or his mug better. I can't tell if he's sort of straining to read the script or he's not sure what he thinks of the script. For your sake I hope it's the first one.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. Slackbot

Beats me what Cantus is thinking. Perhaps it's "More edits? How much more of this gibberish do I have to memorize?" or "When are Murray and I going to start sounding like ourselves?"

I'll tell you a secret: for the earlier scenes I have another Fraggle playing the part of Cantus. It's the oddest thing, but here and there you can find Fraggles that bear a passing resemblance to him. Spontaneous mutations, perhaps?

The mug was borrowed from Reverend Putty.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

May I ask what is written on the mug?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Slackbot

Yes, you may. It's "Take this job and shove it."
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I continue to look at that latest art and love it. Especially the slippers. :)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Slackbot

Me draw quick and cute thingy.

[​IMG]

When You Wish Upon a Schnoz: Janken looks like he's coveting Papa Wembley's epic nose. Little does he know...
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Clicking the "Like" button barely emphasizes my feelings of this one. A love button is what we need...
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. charlietheowl

Awwww! So cute! Wembley's such a proud papa.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Slackbot

Hubert: Thanks! When I'm faces with that dilemma on Facebook, I just like something, unlike it, and then like it again.

charlietheowl: Imagine how proud he'll be when he finds out he actually is the papa!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Wait... if Wembley's the Papa... then who's the Mama?! Not the Mama! Not the Mama!

Ok, in all seriousness, I LOVE your work. Very nice job! :excited:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. Slackbot

Thanks. Mokey's his mama; Janken was born in the story Commonplace Miracles.

I doubt Jan would say "Not the mama." He grew up with three papas, a mother, an aunt, and a great-uncle. He's got quite a lot of parental figures!
    GopherCoffee and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  13. Vincent Liu

Fraggle reproduction…not the best topic in the world.
    GopherCoffee and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  14. Slackbot

Fraggle reproduction is a beautiful and natural thing. And, hey, Fraggles gotta come from somewhere, and storks don't fly underground.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*adds "Commonplace Miracles" to list of MC reading material, underneath season 3 of T*K*O, the series No Day But Today, and the new chapters of Nest Dividad*
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Hands Hubert memo saying "No new chapter of A Nest Divided till this Friday."

And you've got a whole library of fics to read should you choose.
    *Cheap plug. :electric:
    GopherCoffee and charlietheowl like this.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know...I really have a lot of stuff I'd like to read...I want to read some more of Lisa's old stories, and then eventually I'd like to work into Newsie's work, and then I also...
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. Vincent Liu

There are just waaaay too much stuff to read here.
    With school and homework and junk, I gave up after finishing all of Lisa's works.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Slackbot

Not a drawing, but a thing I wanted to show off...

[​IMG]

Bring me the head of Boober Fraggle! AKA puppet-in-progress. I just made Sidebottom, so of course Ima recycle his pattern for Boober. I spent much of today wigging him. Eight ostrich feathers went into that mop.
  20. charlietheowl

Awesome! I love his hair. He looks surprisingly happy for someone without a torso.
    GopherCoffee likes this.