1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Slackbot draws stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Slackbot, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I looked at this, and was all set to get really annoyed... but then I noticed a peculiarity in the coloring of the hair which I didn't duplicate because I couldn't see it clearly enough, and the "hollow" pupils which I didn't copy 'cause I didn't like 'em. Also, the expressions are a tiny bit different; the expression in my pic isn't milder. So, no, they didn't rip me off; they used the picture that I copied.

Heh, it's cool that, even working from tiny screengrabs, I manages to get it so close that you could mistake my copy for the real thing. Thanks for the ego-boo!
    GopherCoffee and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  2. Slackbot

I not been drawing much. But here's somethingI drawed today because today was slow at work...
    [​IMG]
    Jago Fraggle from my current fanfic, The Minstrel's Path. He may look a little familiar. There's a reason for that.

I'll probably color this in later. Right now I'm tired and I feel awful, which is never a good state for artistic endeavors. Plus, I like the crosshatchy texture.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Lovin' the crosshatching!

-------------
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Oooh! Jago is clearly pondering the mysteries of music there (and looking rather nice while he does it).

Thanks for sharing!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Slackbot

newsmanfan: Thanks. That's a style I've had since high school, but I rarely draw in it these days because I color stuff in Photoshop. It's fun to get out a double-edged Sharpie and go back to the basics once in a while.

charlietheowl: Either that, or he's bored off his baloobius with making pretty sounds. :smirk:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Lovely lines, as always! :)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Slackbot

Puppets Gone Wild: not posting the image here because of full puppet nudity. Well, partial; some puppets kind of don't exist below the waist. Which must be inconvenient. Um, when it comes to sitting down. Because they don't have butts.

Um, I'll stop now.
  8. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Whoa! I Heart (Love) Your Puppet! She looks like Skeeter except... she's not waering anything. Oops! :sigh: I am 100% sure your puppet is so cool.
  9. charlietheowl

She looks great! She's got the wild hair, curved glasses and big smile down perfect. As for the clothes, perhaps she just took all that time in Fraggle Rock a little too much to heart...:smirk:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Slackbot

Heh, Skeeter might have gone native in Fraggle Rock, or she might have been hanging around with Janice. She's clothed now; I've posted pictures to my DeviantArt page and to my thread in the "Puppet Building and Performing" forum.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Slackbot

Ever have a whole lot of time on your hands, and nothing but a sharpie and a stack of scratch paper to amuse yourself with?

[​IMG]
    Super Sharpie Doodle Dump - for all your crosshatching needs.
  12. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That's awesome! I love the Thog and Sweetums one!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. charlietheowl

So much good stuff in these sketches! Firstly, thanks for drawing Rowlf! Poor guy needs to stay away from skateboards! Studebakers are closer to his speed.

Sam looks absolutely disgusted that those two "weirdos" happen to have the same name as him, not to mention that they have all worked for the same person.

I wouldn't want to mess around with that punk fraggle in a dark cave. Looks up to no good! Better alert the Eminent Council of Sages.

Wembley looks like such a happy papa there with baby Jan. I'd imagine that Wembley's nose is a major point of interest for growing babies.

Thanks for sharing!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. AlittleMayhem

Heh, I meant Sam the Eagle but the Three Sams is very amusing. :)

I love all these sketches, I can't seem to pick a favourite. Thog and Sweetums, Mokey and Wembley, Rowlf on his skateboard and aww Baby Janken! :3
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. Slackbot

Thanks, guys!

I may do more punk Fraggle drawings. There's potential there. Hee hee.

The original Sam looks like Wallace of "Wallace and Gromit" to me. Hence the tie and sweater-vest. Which would be much more apparent if this was in color...

The pic of Mokey and Wembley is based on the fic "Snack," posted in my Text Sketchbook thread. Wembley's nose often poses logistics problems. When characters are very close and intimate they are supposed to face each other, but Wembley has that huge honker. I have to turn his head to the side to fit 'em together. I have the same problem with Janken.

Actually, Wembley may be posing with any of the Fraggle Five's children. I deliberately drew and shaded it vaguely. However, it is a logical assumption to make, As Wembley was so happy to be a papa years before he found out that he's Jan's daddy.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Slackbot

I don't need to tell you where this came from, do I?

[​IMG]

Fishing for Fraggles: A quickie Sharpie drawing on scratch paper, colored in quickly in Photoshop.
  17. charlietheowl

I like how Wembley looks like he has absolutely no idea what's going on, except that he better hold on for dear life. Thanks for sharing!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. AlittleMayhem

Haha! Poor Boober looks like he's being strangled.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Slackbot

Wembley's all "Huh?" But Gobo's going, which means that Wembley's going too! As for Boober, I was thinking of a mother cat picking up a kitten by its scruff. That's why he has his legs tucked up like that.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I love you drawings, Slackbot, especially the Fraggle Rock & Sams drawing!