Sketches wanted--looking for traders

Splurge

Reaction score
Hays said:
Too true! Of course, for the first few seasons we couldn't have taped them - most people didn't get a home VCR until the mid 70s (and we actually got a Betamax machine, so if I had, the tapes would be unreadable)
Theoretically, you could output material from a Betamax onto a VHS or onto another format as long as you had the proper wiring. That is possible, isn't it?

I'm reminded by a scene from the Simpsons where Springfield is being looted, and one of the criminal characters runs away with a video machine, but then looks at horror at what he stole: "(Brit accent) Oh, no! Beta!"

Oliver

Reaction score
I only have 4 or 5 tapes from the 1984-86 seasons (I believe), but I'd really like to trade with you if possible. I'd even be willing to pay you for these episodes.

I'd just like to know what the video quality is like for the most part on these recordings? Are there any scracthes or visible video static throughout these tapes and are they all complete with opening and closing sequences?

Do you have access to a dvd burner and would you be willing to compile some dvd's or vcd's of these episodes for $ compensation?

Please let me know, thanks a lot!!!

Oliver.

rjschex

Reaction score
More shows in my collection:

#2491 (G-R-9)
Grover as elevator operator tells riders to face front / typewriter guy: G-glue / NewsFlash: Cinderella / Willie Wimple--water pollution / Old Woman who lived in a nine / "I Love Being a Pig" (live-action film version)

#2496 (F-L-4)
Circus Trainer #4 (lions) / wind cloud demonstrates the "F" sound / film: piñata party / animated "Young McDonald" song

#2492 (E-Y-12)
animation: Rube Goldberg device for turning on TV (counts 1-20) / "Everybody Eats" / "National Bird" debate / Elephant & Elk / Anything Muppets running from letter E / 12 cans of soup in supermarket / Y-Yawn / Counting lesson with Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot / Pinball #12 / little girl recites alphabet with Kermit--and is obsessed with Cookie Monster / animated sign language alphabet / animated film about seat belts / manufacture of a saxophone

#2497 (M-O-11)--David finds 40 (instead of 14) milk jugs delivered to the store.
classic M for Martha skit / Sully builds a piano / Woman in department store mistakes Cookie Monster for a coat / M in space / Prairie Dawn play about seasons / "O" falls from Grocery Store sign

(FOR ALL THE FOLLOWING, EPISODE NUMBERS ARE MISSING; ALL ARE FROM 88-89 SEASON)

(R-Y-20)
Lefty sells Ernie invisible ice cream cone / fisherman demonstrates dry and wet / film: swimming penguins / neon "R" being raised to roof / computer-animated 2+3=5 houses / Yellow Yahoo

(B-D-8)
D--dart / the "D"-train / Simon Soundman teaches Bert how to make tuba sound / a "Walk" sign causes animated cars to (literally!) "walk" along street / film: ivory carving / Count & Kermit in elevator / King of 8

(F-S-6)
Fly & Frog (Casey Kasem) / Monsterpiece Theatre: Guys and Dolls / The Count spoils Ernie's 6-block pyramid / Typewriter Guy: S-Spring / "S" balloon gag / Frances the Fairy

(G-M-19)--opens with vintage footage of Snuffle-upagus race. Note the double doors (with NO PARKING sign) have more number posters on them
animated elephant (Maria) counts to 20, keeps getting stuck on 14 / #19 rap / The rude "M" who came to dinner / Oscar's birthday; he gets a scratched copy of "Telephone Rock" / CGI animation: 3 lines try to reach top of screen / "Me and My M" / man paints "WET PAINT" billboard, only to realize what it said at the last minute / sand M

(A-Y-10)
sad flowers / 1969-70 zoom-in Alphabet / Bert's nephew Brad trying to take Bath
/ Kermit the "Gorf" / bird tells girl what's under the street / film: making postage stamps (at the time, they cost only 22¢) / Y-Yawn / Typewriter Guy: A-Airplane / Ernie writes shopping list using chocolate pudding / Circus Trainer #10 (bears)

(I-V-13)--In whole episode, Gina is writing in her diary, flashing back to each event.
rap #13 / V-Vitamins-Vitality-Vim-Vigor / "We All Live in a Capital I" / Red-hot "I" / Zydeco song sung in French / early B&E: "A Day at the Zoo" / "Eating is a very special thing"

(O-R-9)
Ernie's Barber Shop--he cuts off all of Bert's hair / "O-P-E-N. Okay, I'll open it!" / fishing boy catches alphabet / "Nobody told me there were two holes!" / Monsterpiece Theatre: Sound of Music / Don Music--"Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" / sand O / "What if..." (dog/bird) / Alphabet Chat-R

(O-Z-8)
"Family Food" parody with Richard Dawson / moving van picks up "8" / Ernie is with girl wearing a shirt like his / The Noble Ostrich / "Take a Breath" / manufacture of Chinese Noodles

A NOTE TO TRADERS: If no episode number is listed, just use the letter/number combination listed.

rjschex

Reaction score
And there's a lot more where this came from...

More episodes:

#2599 (T-U-4)
song "We're a Family" (film) / making objects with four triangles and two small squares / B&E: "Happy Birthday to U" / boy buys letters "u" and "p" / song "To Be Alive" / Typewriter Guy: T-Train / beekeeper film / U-NITE train / eye exam / Monsterpiece Theatre: "Upstairs Downstairs"

#2600 (B-H-8) The Baby Party
Bellhop #8 / This Is Your Lunch / "Keep on Truckin'" / ABC in Country, Urban and Latin versions / "LOST DOG" poster / turtles singing a round / Count with an experimental rocket / Jazzy Spies #8 / Kermit song "Get Along"

#2601 (N-X-7)
film about life in Alaska / Rap #7 / boy gives "Big Murray" (Gordon) a "7" to put on his jersey--parody of classic 1979 Coca-Cola commercial / limerick-Nose / O'Brien's Fast Food Restaurant

#2602 (J-P-2) The Sesame Street Circus
The Cookie Bunny / News Flash: Humpty Dumpty / What if?: anteater and giraffe / bellhop #2 / "Peter Piper P Products" (John Moschitta Jr.) / sand Jj / Baa Baa Walters Special / Madrigal ABC / OPERA-SINGING ORANGE / Addition Game / animated "P" floating on an island in front of setting sun / B&E-cherries / one-two-three monsters (early Herry) / J-train

#2603 (E-Z-11)
Lovely Eleven Morning / "E" sawed from wall--voice kinda sounds like Tom Bosley / "Coconut Counting Man" duet: Count with Harry Belafonte / Kermit talks about "Z", but his "Z" keeps turning into an "N" / Pinball #11 / American Revolution: Don Music as Thomas Jefferson / folding ruler cartoon

#2604 (Q-V-3)
Snuffy on trampoline / News Flash: The Invisible Man / film: putting a cast on / hypnotic "Q" cartoon

#2605 (D-F-14) Hiroshi paints images of the number fourteen
disco number explaining "in" and "out" / "Frankenstein" F skit / Luis' version of "La Bamba" / "Daddy Dear" / film: repairing car dents / "Dirtiest Town in the West" / glass recycling / "Delightful" letter D / "I Love Being a Pig" (cartoon)

#2606 (H-S-2)
Sand Ss / Bert's sandcastle gets knocked over / ABC pianist in lunchbox / "Two little dolls in a little dollhouse" / limerick-Horse / film on the making of crayons / ABC song by Paul Simon's backup vocalists / Simon Soundman making tuba sound

#2607 (T-V-4)
4 ants on porch / "Caveperson Days"-invention of window / Billy Dee Williams counts with honker / Pinball #4 / Show & Tell-Bert shows off his rock / T-typewriter-toe / making apple cider / T-television (Casey gets his nose turned off by the conductor!) / fireworks alphabet

#2608 (D-F-5)
What's My Job? / dental visit / "Who You Lookin' at Tiger?" / Ernie brings westie puppy home / Wegman: 3 balls / Harvey Kneeslapper "D" / Teeny Little Superguy-baseball game / rhyming monsters (and that's that...SCAT!) / F-finished

#2609 (F-L-6)
#6 rap / story of Lion and Leopard / "New Way to Walk" by Oinker Sisters / injured magician

#2610 (D-X-11)
Circus Trainer #11 / Limerick-Dog / Gym Kids / R2D2 in love with hydrant / batik "X" (large 3-D red-and-orange X appears on screen; kid says "X" repeatedly as numerous yellow X's appear) / Monsterpiece Theater: "Chariots of Fur" / Beat the Time (momentary signal loss) / sand Xx / rap #11

#2612 (C-J-9)
Jughead / "Starfish" / C-Cowboy / film about drawbridge / limerick-Cat / Monsterpiece Theater: "Ali Baba" (played by Ricardo Monsterban) / rap #9 / Harvey Kneeslapper "C" / the J-mine / J-jam

#2613 (J-V-8)
News Flash: Cookie Monster plans to be orthodontist / limerick(?)-Jaguar / Teeny Little Superguy-going to bed / Circus Trainer #8 / "Coconut Counting Man" / 2 men on a V / Captain Breakfast / J under man's hat

#2614 (U-W-12)
Bellhop #12 / "40 Blocks From My Home" / W for Wilhelmina / Wanda the Witch / "U" in tall briefcase (all letters are free!) / "U Really Got a Hold On Me" (Smokey) / Worm-Walrus-Water / man comically uses remote to demonstrate up and down (voice of Jim Thurman) / Ladybugs' Picnic

#2615 (B-M-8) SEASON 20 FINALE; BIRTH OF GABRIELA
Bellhop #8 / Conductor keeps getting huge M's from vocalists / Kermit looks back on childhood / Ernie's niece Ernestine can't say "Ernie" but can say "Bert" / song "There's a Bird on Me" / Madrigal ABC

#2616 (E-U-17) SEASON 21 PREMIERE; PRESTON THE RABBIT DEBUTS
--opening intro theme (instrumental harmonica version) played longer than usual; flute bridge heard
Waiter! (new sketch about South America) / mouse says "E" when large "E" appears in opening door / B&E-Cookie Jar / rap #17 / News Flash: Red Riding Hood / "Mi kat iz...gone" / Elmo sings Big Bird's "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" song / Beat the Time / place names beginning with U / Alphabet Bully / E-erase

#2617 (E-G-6)
Queen of 6 / G-giggle / "One of these Kids" (fireman) / peacock film / Christopher Clumsy demonstrates feet / News Flash: Jack and Beanstalk (was the giant Henson?) / sand Ee / shoe seller Edith (Lily Tomlin cameo) / G-gorilla (early) / version 2 of Gloria singing ABC song ("roger" she says at end) / 2 doors marked Enter and Exit (That's enough, Roy!) / Monster who ate the TV / Grover and the Growing G / What if?: rabbit and turtle / Six Soccer Socks

#2618 (D-H-9)
Count at school / Pinball #9 / Hat-Hose-Hook / H-horseshoe / film: recording session (song "Bingo") / the "d" building / "Everybody Eats"

#2619 (D-K-11)
"If moon were cookie" / "Daddy Dear" / making of saxophone / Circus Trainer #11 / King Minus / Knittin' Kitten / Maria & Gina song about "no" / sad flowers

#2620 (V-Y-12)
V in space / Typewriter Guy: Yo-yo / Willie Wimple (littering) / 12 soup cans / V-the vase villain / Yellow Yahoo / Circus Trainer #12

#2621 (B-J-9) adult cast members appear as children--including a young Gordon with a fake mustache!
News Flash: Cinderella / B-bug / Old Woman who lived in a nine / Teeny Little Superguy-going to school / What's My Part (recognize the logo? It was the "Remembering Game" sign!) / "Everybody Sleeps" / Typewriter Guy: Jump / Waiter!-number 9 special / debut of "Wanda Falbo" (dog) / limerick-Beard / "J Friends" (I caught a blooper here! On the word "jump" in the final stanza, when the green muppet jumps, the forehead of one of the muppeteers is visible!) / Willie Wimple--THE SAME SKETCH SHOWN ON TWO CONSECUTIVE SHOWS!

#2623 (G-U-1)
little girl bangs on drum with "1" on it / "We All Sing with the Same Voice" / RARITY: Harvey Kneeslapper #1 skit / limerick-Goose / "Green Grow the Rushes" / U-NITE train / LSD-trip alphabet (ending slightly truncated; background behind "j" looks like a Japanese flag. The male voice sounds like a subdued Skip Hinnant.) / song "I'm in Love with U" / G-giggle / "Put Down the Duckie"

#2625 (P-S-3) Gina babysits Miles and Elmo while Gordon and Susan are on their anniversary.
limerick-Penguin / "I'm an Aardvark" / Typewriter Guy-Spring / "40 Blocks from My Home" / Monsterpiece Theatre: Taming of the Shoe / Ss balloon / Gina reads "Goodnight Moon" / computer-animated row of houses; "3" is looking for home / "Everybody Sleeps" / Frank Oz "3" track--cherries on sundaes

Saginaw

Reaction score
rjschex, I'd like to ask about Episode #2621 (B-J-9). The 'What's My Part?' skit. Is it the nose or the foot?

Thank you.

--Saginaw the Curious :confused:

rjschex

Reaction score
Saginaw said:
rjschex, I'd like to ask about Episode #2621 (B-J-9). The 'What's My Part?' skit. Is it the nose or the foot?

Thank you.

--Saginaw the Curious :confused:
The foot.

Saginaw

Reaction score
rjschex, may I contact you, please? Or would you like to contact me? If so, please let the administrator know. He should have access to my e-mail. Thank you! :halo:

--Saginaw

ssetta

Reaction score
Will you please contact me as well?

Saginaw

Reaction score
Gee....it's gotten awfully quiet on this thread.

*a pin drops* :concern:

--Saginaw the Curious