Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Steve Whitmire

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Cant decide

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I dont know if there is a thread about this already but i wanted peoples opinion. Whos a better singer as Kermit and Ernie? I might get hated for this, but to be honest I love Steves singing voice. Its just so good and touching. Anyone else?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Steve probably has the better technical voice and I give him a ton of credit, but I prefer Kermit and Ernie as sung by Jim. :smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I believe Steve was a great singer since I grew up with his characters. His singing voice either tugs my strings or makes me happy.

I prefer Kermit and Ernie as sung by Jim. :smile:
Me too! Jim's singing of Kermit and Ernie is what I remember the most and brings me back so many memories... mostly good and bad.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Steve's voice is more melodic, soft and he can hold a note far better than Jim. To listen to Steve sing as Kermit is beautiful. However I think the characterisation and articulation Jim put into every vocal performance made up for what he didn't have. The best example of that is 'I Don't Want to Live on the Moon'.

So I choose Steve, but Jim is certainly no slacker in comparison.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Steve's voice is more melodic, soft and he can hold a note far better than Jim. To listen to Steve sing as Kermit is beautiful. However I think the characterisation and articulation Jim put into every vocal performance made up for what he didn't have. The best example of that is 'I Don't Want to Live on the Moon'.

So I choose Steve, but Jim is certainly no slacker in comparison.
I totally agree. Steve can hold a longer note than Jim (notably "Finale: The Magic Store" Jim stops before everyone else) But I think Jim has more expression than Steve.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Jim and Steve are tied and I can see why, they're both great. But I'd probably go with Jim. I think he's better with :smile: doing the classics such as "Bein' Green" and "Rainbow Connection." It's not quite the same coming from Steve, but he has greatly improved over the years.

cjd874

Reaction score
Steve has done a lot with Kermit and Ernie (not to mention Rizzo the Rat), and he is a great singer ("One More Sleep 'Til Christmas" from the Muppet Christmas Carol is one of Kermit's finest performances, in my opinion). But I'd say Jim was better because he was more versatile and also put more of his heart into each song. There's a sense of longing in "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" that can't be heard anywhere else, and a unique sense of quiet contemplation in "Being Green" that has made it an anthem of pride. Jim could do calm, pensive songs as well as outrageously wacky and wild songs like "Captain Vegetable," "I Never Harmed an Onion," and "Tenderly."

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I choose Jim. Because Kermit sounded a little more "manly" in the version of Rainbow Connection in TMM as opposed to in TM