Signatures against forum rules

Vincent L

Reaction score
Can the system just reject signatures that are against forum rules instead of inserting a weird message at the end?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
On the same note, is there a character limit? Because I've gotten that message when I know I didn't go over 4 lines, but had lots of coding

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, on the old forum, I think you were allowed a maximum of like 125 characters or so, excluding coding, and then there was also a limit including coding. Not sure if either of those still apply to the new forum, but I do believe there are some limits to what we can put in our signatures... like Sarge said, I think the limit is no more than four lines, that's all I know.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, the line limit is actually in the forum rules

And why does the forum automatically add an empty bits of coding in the advanced editor box? If you click on the code editor button, you find so much unneeded coding it's ridiculous.

Hubert

Reaction score
On the same note, is there a character limit? Because I've gotten that message when I know I didn't go over 4 lines, but had lots of coding
There definitely has to be some sort of character limit, because even when I was doing sigs with much (if any) coding but a nice amount of text, it cut me off when I was under the four line limit.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
hey I was wondering if someone could help me out here as i made my siganture. Have a merry muppet christmas with floyd smilies yet is has been cut off and made have a merry [col. If any one could explain it would be helpful thank you

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
As I have discovered, there IS a character limit. You went over that character lmit. I'd say clear your sig entirely then tone down on the amount of colors used. To get an idea of just how much text you are using, click on the symbol that looks like an A in the upper right of the text box. You will be amazed