Sideshow Weta Muppet Bust Defects/Flaws?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Hello,

I own 3 of Sideshow Weta's Mupppet busts. I've gotten 4 others in the past, but returned them due to what I viewed as flaws, defects, or damage. I got all but the Crazy Harry bust factory sealed. With the exception of my Link Hogthrob, they all have/ had flaws or defects of some kind or another. My Rowlf, which I just got a week or so ago, has tiny, barely noticeable white areas on the fur that look like flaking or chipping of some kind:sympathy:. Is this a natural flaw/ defect? Has anyone else encountered defects/ flaws with their Sideshow Weta busts? Am I just being too picky?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't own any, but are they packed in styrofoam? Sometimes the styrofoam sticks to the figure, especially where there's really fine grooves, giving it the illusion that its chipped. Scrapping it with your nail usually easily removes it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great advice, yes it sounds like there could be some Styrofoam flaking on these.

I will say this, no two busts are exactly alike. There are slight differences from one to another. Other than the Palisades figures and the Master Replicas Photo Puppets, the Sideshow Busts are some of the best Muppet collectibles ever released.

If only I could swap out Crazy Harry for a Floyd bust. (I know it's been over 10 years, so I should probably let that go.) :sing:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Great advice, yes it sounds like there could be some Styrofoam flaking on these.

I will say this, no two busts are exactly alike. There are slight differences from one to another. Other than the Palisades figures and the Master Replicas Photo Puppets, the Sideshow Busts are some of the best Muppet collectibles ever released.

If only I could swap out Crazy Harry for a Floyd bust. (I know it's been over 10 years, so I should probably let that go.) :sing:
I wish we had a Floyd bust too, but I guess it's too late.