Should there be a Sesame Street Channel?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think that's a good point. The days of "All Sesame Street, All the Time" may be over, and iTunes type stuff might be the wave of the future.

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
Little kids that can't read might have trouble using iTunes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually my little cousin was amazingly good at the computer even when he couldn't read, so you never know! :wink:

ssetta

Reaction score
Exactly, and they DO have Sesame Street Podcasts on iTunes.

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
Exactly, and they DO have Sesame Street Podcasts on iTunes.
Not the complete series! Anyway, let's get back on topic. A Sesame Street channel would probably end up with Elmo as the mascot for the daytime block. I think that Big Bird, Mr. Hooper, or Guy Smiley would be a good mascot for the night time vintage block.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
To be honest, both older and current versions of Sesame Street have their flaws:
I know what you mean. The show from early on fixed a lot of the places where it needed improvement, and at some point it really got it right and was at its very best. But as all shows that are on a very long time, in a lot of ways, it slipped from its best but at the same time there still have been a lot of improvements made and yet still are. But sometimes you just can no long out do yourself so to speak, whether it is factually or opinionated.

Studying the history of our pop culture and society even as far back as the late 19th century, it's clear to me that people have not changed as much as we think we have.
I could not agree with you more and that could not be truer. It's like the old saying goes, sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.:wink:

I actually have to say that very very slowly, but very very surely, TV as we know it is starting to become obsolete.
I totally see that happing and I also see the same happening with commercial, too!

Little kids that can't read might have trouble using iTunes.
Actually kids today are some of the most technologically savvy people out of any other age group. A lot of the reason for it being because they were born with it and it’s what they are growing up with and know.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Yeah There should most definitely have a SS Channel no matter what because like we have been saying is that it would certainly help little kids be so smart enough which of course the way tv shows always be these days because they don't have as many good shows no more like they should.but hey,at least they can certainly still watch what ever episode they want as long as somebody has it from their old videos and even if the picture quality is not perfect but really good or whatever that's good,Than it's always fine.And if they don't do it.I might as well make my own tv network that features every single SS episodes uncut along with so much other tv shows.When I figure out what TV shows I'll add,I'll let you know including the times and everything else.:wink::wisdom::excited:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Oh yeah and the last thing I got to say is that we WILL also record them too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly feel that nothing could be further from the truth than SW not wanting their own network. Problem is, they don't have the capital to make it on their own, hense the fact they always have to pair off with companies like Viacom and HIT. And they always get the short end of that stick.

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
Viacom or PBS might be interested if the idea is pitched to them. If not, then Sesame Workshop can use their vast Tickle Me Elmo/DVD fortune.