Should there be a Dark Crystal 2?

Pino

Reaction score
prequal deffinitly! It was such a great movie.. but If they make it, all people who worked in the 1st movie have to work on it too... And try to make it like Jim would have made it!

Although it wouldn´t be the same offcource, but a prequal is the only thing u can make for a 2th movie

Gerard

Reaction score
Same world... totally different story, characters and races. The centre could be around the crystal, but thats all.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
No way should they make any kind of sequel or prequel.
Usually sequels and the like are not nearly as good as the original when they don't have the original people involved. And whether we like it or not, those people most likly won't do it, especially without Jim Henson. So I don't think it would be fair to The Dark Crystal's legacy to make a sequel/prequel.
Just my opinion!
Jon the Jivepuppet

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Good idea Gerad. But that sound kind of like the next Final Fantasy(different story every time)

- :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just thinking about it, and NO there should not be another one made. The crystal has already had it's functionality taken out of it, and anything else would ruin the first film.

Kazzie

Reaction score
I don't think they should do a DC 2 but I think they should come up with some new films with more of a DC feel. DC is my fav. :eek:

Elasaid

Reaction score
The Dark Crystal is a stand alone masterpiece. It has suffered a lot of negative criticism, but many can appreciate it for the art that it is. Considering how long ago the film was made and that Jim is no longer with us, I think it would be disrepectful to the artists who worked on the film to make another one.
I would instead wish for more fresh projects within the same fantasy genre, which with the development of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the possible upcoming Narnia project seems to be coming back into power. I know all of these stories are based on books, it would be wonderful to see the JHC take part in creating totally brand new stories with new characters and fresh ideas, as it did back when it came up with ideas like The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock and others.

P.S. Farscape rocks my world! :flirt: :flirt: :embarrassed:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
I don't think a Dark Crystal 2 would work very well. Even though I was always curious as to what would happen now that the crystal is healed, etc, I think its best left to your own imagination. I don't think a sequel would be as captivating as the original, either. I was always curious how a Pod People-based movie or show would do...

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Love yer avatar, GGirl

Like the "Ewoks" spinoff show. :wink:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
thank you Mr Penguin!

there was an Ewok spin-off show..? I don't remember that! *smacks forehead*