Should the Around the corner set return for SS 40th birthday....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
heralde said:
I was going to say "No" to Around the Corner, but you bring up a good point. I would have liked Elmo as one of the characters in "Around the Corner" rather than taking up the last half of the show.
I think they made elmo live on that part of Sesame Street, didn't they?

Yeah Ernie81981, Zoe is still around.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
No, no, a million times NO! Around the Corner is what made me loose my interest in Sesame Street until I rediscovered it last year. There were just too many things added to the show that it just wasn't the same show anymore. SW was smart to realize this and put the show back to normal.

The only reason Around the Corner should be brought back is if SW keeps releasing complete episodes on DVD.
I have to agree, once they brought out "around the corner", my Sesame Street viewing seriously decreased (I hate to admit, but it was Elmo's World in 1998 that brought me back because I found it interesting). If you ask me, the only thing that should be beyond the corner of Sesame St. is Big Bird's home!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The thing that's gets me it it just showed up out of nowhere minus the playground and then it just misteriously disapeard out of no where with no explination what so ever. The only thing more confuses me more was when Alan showed up and Mr. Handford was just not their???

Drtooth

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I have to agree, once they brought out "around the corner", my Sesame Street viewing seriously decreased (I hate to admit, but it was Elmo's World in 1998 that brought me back because I found it interesting). If you ask me, the only thing that should be beyond the corner of Sesame St. is Big Bird's home!

Around the corner was basically an experiment to work with newer characters since the unfortunate multiple deaths of certain integral people(Jim, Richard, and Joe), plus the lessening work load from Frank. I think it really did help SS back on it's feet during that time... plus we had some interresting characters like Monty (their homage to the obvious British comedy group) and Dave Golez actually working on the show.

I happened to see it around that time, since my sister was 3. ANyway, I do miss it, and I especially miss Benny, dispite the multiple attempts to bring the character back into the background at least. He recently appeared in a Global Grover and a Trash Gordon.

I'd do it for a 40th anniversary special, but not the actual episodes thmselves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Around the corner was basically an experiment to work with newer characters since the unfortunate multiple deaths of certain integral people(Jim, Richard, and Joe)
Joe Roposo?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I say if they would bring it back i wouldn't want them to just use it for the 40 birthday. They would need to keep it. If they brought it back for the special and kids saw it then and then the new episodes wouldn't have them and the kids would be confused.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thats what I wah when it showed up out of the blue one day. And that's what I was when it dissapeard out of the blue one day.:confused: