Should the Around the corner set return for SS 40th birthday....

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I can understand if this is too soon, but does anyone remember the "Around the Corner set of Sesame Street that dominated most of the mid-90s SS shows.

Should that set return to the Street with the new concepts and characters on the show and be ready for the 40th birthday party ? :sympathy:

What do you all think of this idea ? :embarrassed:

For anyone who doesn't remember the set click here : http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Around_the_Corner

BEAR

Reaction score
I remember the set. I know a lot of fans here didn't like it along with the new characters it came with, but I kinda liked it. It was fresh.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind at all if they brought it back! But I think they should come up with something new instead.

BEAR

Reaction score
The only thing about returning the Around the Corner is that they'd need someone to run those businesses there, unless they changed. Ruthie and Celina are gone, so they'd need someone to run the Finders Keepers Store (which Ruthie was so identified with) and the Dance Studio.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
No, no, a million times NO! Around the Corner is what made me loose my interest in Sesame Street until I rediscovered it last year. There were just too many things added to the show that it just wasn't the same show anymore. SW was smart to realize this and put the show back to normal.

The only reason Around the Corner should be brought back is if SW keeps releasing complete episodes on DVD.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But the loss of around the corner is one of the reasons we got Elmo's world! While I like that segment I do mis the show going for an entire hour.

Don't forget the day care center that Gina used to run, bear! But maybe they could have somthing like a musid store or something like the travling exibet ha. Just a thought.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
But the loss of around the corner is one of the reasons we got Elmo's world! While I like that segment I do mis the show going for an entire hour.
I was going to say "No" to Around the Corner, but you bring up a good point. I would have liked Elmo as one of the characters in "Around the Corner" rather than taking up the last half of the show.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing this come back. I loved around the corner. One was there were several old Characters who were still around but that would be cool to see it come back for a new season.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I want to see the Around the Corner set reappearing for Season 40, somehow...

Barry Lee

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I remember the set. I know a lot of fans here didn't like it along with the new characters it came with, but I kinda liked it. It was fresh.
I grew up with it so I liked it actually.