Should other Henson characters have videos to honor Jim?

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Obviously, we've seen Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock Muppets honor Jim, particularly on the 30th anniversary special from 1986, and the 1990 special that honored him right after his passing (and the first time we got to see Steve Whitmire perform Kermit the Frog). The question I have is, should characters from other properties like Bear in the Big Blue House, Farscape, Animal Jam, the Henson Alternative brand, Puppet Up!, Pajanimals, and even the CGI motion-capture characters from Sid the Science Kid, Dinosaur Train, and The Skrumps post videos on the Internet to honor Jim Henson, too? (Even the newer characters like Walter, Abby Cadabby, and Murray Monster could honor him, too.)

I'm sure if they have free time on their hands, the characters' performers would probably do videos like that, especially since next month will have been 25 years since Jim Henson's passing (RIP, Jim).

Granted, there's a video of Bobby Vegan and Samson Knight from Tinseltown honoring Jim on what would've been his 75th birthday in 2011:

Iscah

Reaction score
The thing is, those characters aren't from shows that Jim worked on, so it doesn't really make sense for them to pay tribute in the same way. (Actually it bugs me that new creations by the Henson company are still being tagged "Jim Henson's ______", because they're not.)

I haven't seen any of the shows so I don't know the characters or how it could work.

The only characters really suited to mentioning Jim - being aware of him at all - are Kermit and (theoretically) Cantus, though he probably isn't coming back...

Walter could maybe do it, depending on what level of reality he's aware of... oh my goodness. If Walter's aware of the puppetry level of things, how perfect would he be for doing a new "Secrets of the Muppets"-type show? (If Disney would let him.) He'd be so excited and enthusiatic about it all.

Actually I could see that working as a lead-in for some kind of tribute show - Walter asking Kermit about Jim.