Should Ernie interact with Abby?

ohtherain

Reaction score
Well, Ernie hasn't really been around much this season to begin with. Seems that Steve is busy with Kermit... and we finally got one of the downsides to the big Muppet Show character relaunch..
Yeah, wasn't the last new Ernie and Bert sketch aired in Season 37? Aside from Great Adventures...

goshposh

Reaction score
I dont see why Ernie shouldnt interact with Abby. They could be wonderful together. I'm sure no one knew Telly and Baby Bear were going to be good together before they were paired.

Mupp

Reaction score
At least Disney gave SW permission to use Kermit in new material on Elmo's World Frogs.
Indeed!

Besides, from what I've seen, Kermit has still appeared in recycled material from time to time. That counts for something.

Lets not be too hard on Disney. After all, the Muppet Show characters have made a major comeback lately. They are currently part of a big promotion and have had a lot of new appearances, and there are more youtube videos in store.

It would be interesting to see Abby interact with Ernie.

I'm still hoping that Steve and Eric (or Frank) will have a chance to perform Ernie and Bert for season 41 or beyond.

Who knows, they could even have already filmed new Ernie and Bert segments and we just don't know about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lets not be too hard on Disney. After all, the Muppet Show characters have made a major comeback lately. They are currently part of a big promotion and have had a lot of new appearances, and there are more youtube videos in store.
Yeah, but look how long it took them to actually do something with the Muppets, it's been YEARS of empty promises, and while yes there have been all of these TV appearances and promos and such, that's not much.

Disney is still, irregardless, not a good company to work with, that's just the way it is. Disney and Warner Bros. are two of the worst.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maybe if Ernie interacted with Abby a bit on the show, it might help quell all those "rumors" about him and Bert, if you know what I mean. :stick_out_tongue:
A long time ago I made references to that rumor illegal.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Tooth, you're the Dr. You must've made him well!

Mupp

Reaction score
Yeah, but look how long it took them to actually do something with the Muppets, it's been YEARS of empty promises, and while yes there have been all of these TV appearances and promos and such, that's not much.

Disney is still, irregardless, not a good company to work with, that's just the way it is. Disney and Warner Bros. are two of the worst.
As the old saying goes, "Better late than never"

In 2008, Brian Henson said;
"Have they been a little slow? Perhaps. But the most important thing to us is that they are careful. Now, more than ever, we believe they are doing just that.”

And recently he has said;
"...Now I do think that Disney has gone a little slowly in the 5 years that they have had the Muppets. And I certainly appreciate people's concerns, well what's -- where's the Disney production engine making Muppets? And I do honestly believe they will come around. We will start seeing a lot more Muppet production and it will be good and Disney are careful about their characters."

Even before Disney acquired them, the Muppets were suffering somewhat. Since Disney acquired them, yes, it has been a rough and bumpy road for sure, but now the Muppets are finally getting back into the public eye in full force, still being themselves with their offbeat humor. Thanks to both viral media and television. That is the first step.

Yes Disney can be hard to work with, but the company has gotten a lot better since Micheal Eisner left.

You are entitled to your opinions, but please allow people to be positive if they want to be.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I would agree with Kermit needing to interact with Kermit. That would some funny stuff. I know being that Kermit has had lots of scenes with magic before or being that he's had lots of Muppet New Story with him with Fairy Tale characters.
I take it you made a typographical mistake Kyle. Still if Abby created a clone of Kermit with her magic that would be hilarious to see.:big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I do hear, however, there will be a street story next season with Elmo, Abby and Bert looking for a rare bird on the street.
Cool. It would be nice to have Bert in a street scene. Knowing Bert, it's probably a maltese pigeon or something.

In answer to the previous question, I can see chemistry between Ernie and Abby. I mean remember the old days, when Cookie Monster used to frustrate Ernie by eating all his cookies or whatever. Maybe Abby can frustrate Ernie with her magic spells going awry. With Ernie and Bert, Bert is always the straight man who's the victim of Ernie's pranks. With Ernie and CM, Ernie was the one who fell to be the victim. It might be the same with Ernie and Abby. I think putting them together at least once or twice might be worth a try.