Should Ernie interact with Abby?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Whenever SW gets a chance to do new Ernie material, should he interact with Abby?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
... should he? No, I don't think so. That would be shocking to the general audience, I think. I mean, fairy and Ernie interaction should be very limited, even outside of the show. I wouldn't suggest they be seen together in the daylight, but should keep any relationship they might have hidden to the public.

... I'm sorry, it's just a very unusual question. I don't see the relevance of it. I suppose if the topic is how would they get along on screen, how would they compliment each others comedic abilities, that's a good discussion, and would encourage the thread to continue with that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Eh, I don't think they'd be very funny together.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I don't think he interacts with the girls a lot except for Prairie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe if Ernie interacted with Abby a bit on the show, it might help quell all those "rumors" about him and Bert, if you know what I mean. :stick_out_tongue:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Strictly speaking I don't see why there should be a problem with any combinations of characters interacting. After all everybody knows everybody on Sesame Street and more or less, they're supposed to be friends.

Of course some may not work quite as well together depending on Character personality and if they're voiced by the same Muppeteer that does make it difficult to accomplish.
But that's no reason why Ernie cannot once in a while say hello to Abby on the show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I do hear, however, there will be a street story next season with Elmo, Abby and Bert looking for a rare bird on the street.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Maybe if Ernie interacted with Abby a bit on the show, it might help quell all those "rumors" about him and Bert, if you know what I mean. :stick_out_tongue:
Hmm...Good idea, but how about with me instead of her? :concern: Just kidding. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After reading this thread, it hit me: Outside of "The King's Nose", it seems that he hardly even interracted with The Amazing Mumford. He seems like somebody who would enjoy volunteering at a magic show, much like Grover did.

But I think it would be better if Abby interracted with Bert. Ernie has interracted with quite a few other characters on his own, but Bert doens't seem to have any aquaintiences without Ernie.