Should Disney buy Felix the Cat?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
should disney buy out felix the cat, disney did say they wanna buy out another character, my suggestion would be felix, plus he'd make another great character for disney, and disney will probaly use him more, his magic bag of tricks could need it, plus disney is using oswald more, felix could be good too!!, so what do you think?, should disney buy out felix, please tell me in the comments below

D'Snowth

Reaction score
NO!!!

For God's sake, stop trying to sell everything to Disney, people!

kyunkyua

Reaction score
I think they should still focus on Oswald. Adding another character on seems like a bit much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... why would they? Is this a real thing? And why would they?

kyunkyua

Reaction score
I agree. Give us a source to work with here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is no call for Disney to buy him because there's no desire.

They bought Pixar to make Movies, They bought the Muppets because Eisner always wanted to own them, they bought Marvel for basically merchandising reasons... all big powerhouses bigger than Felix.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Felix and Betty Boop are both darlings of the merchandise licensing industry, yet there's little public interest to see them in new projects. I don't see any interest from Disney to purchase them, nor do I see any likelihood that their ownership would want to part with them. Eventually all brands in the world will be owned by two or three global corporations. Why rush it? :coy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Felix and Betty Boop are both darlings of the merchandise licensing industry, yet there's little public interest to see them in new projects. I don't see any interest from Disney to purchase them, nor do I see any likelihood that their ownership would want to part with them. Eventually all brands in the world will be owned by two or three global corporations. Why rush it? :coy:
Awesome new avy, Jamie! :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh! My thoughts exactly.

I seriously hate that all Felix and Betty Boop stand for are that they're some cute little things from a retro era that we no longer care about in media. I mean, at least Felix had that wonderful Saturday Morning series. All Betty Boop gets are those crappy unauthorized 200 Cartoon DVD's. I wanna see something official with a retrospective. That was some of the Fleischer Brothers' best work. Some of their color stuff (that doesn't involve Popeye or Superman) is very beautiful to look at, but vapidly written.

I just hate when cartoons just become flaccid T-Shirts or cute little collector's crap with all their meaning and substance removed.