Sherlock Hemlock is on 123 Sesame Street!

mikealan

Reaction score
Hey, classic SS fans, when I watched the Season 30 episode of SS, there was your fan favorite, Sherlock Hemlock, the World's Greatest Detective. Punk, I was never afraid of Vincent Twice when I was a little kid and today. It was the Mysterious Theatre skit where Sherlock looks for the missing food and something that rhymes with toast, so Sherlock's pet dog, Watson found Vincent Twice eating the food.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
the only ones i really remember were the one that had the blue AM woman and a cat and a part where she was screaming. that was the 1 that scared me the most. the 1 i can actually remember clearly is the one where Sherlock has to call his mom and wish her a happy birthday before midnight.

anyways, i wuz wondering. is vincent the same puppet as guy smiley and don music?

missHEFFIE

Reaction score
thats what i wondered also punk. gee i quess you dont come on anymore but
just look at this

vincent

Guy Smiley

Don Music

lol they look exactly alike haah. it would save them money to use the same puppets. don music is making me laugh haha

Barry Lee

Reaction score
missHEFFIE said:
thats what i wondered also punk. gee i quess you dont come on anymore but
just look at this

vincent
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Heffieduck/vincint1.jpg
Guy Smiley
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Heffieduck/GuySmiley.jpg
Don Music
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Heffieduck/DonMusic.jpg
lol they look exactly alike haah. it would save them money to use the same puppets. don music is making me laugh haha
They are called Anything Muppets they have been used since the 1960's. If you see Lefty the Salesman, Sherlock Hemlock, and Farley they have the same pattern known as the Pointy Headed Green pattern. Same for Count Von Count, Biff, Forgetful Jones they are used with the Large Lavender Hand Puppet pattern. Fat blue (the guy who is the man in the resturaunt with Grover) is actually a name for a pattern of basically fat blue characters such as Fat Blue and Simon the Soundman. On "The Muppet Show" They are known as whatnots. It's a simple process that Jim Henson has been using for years and they still use it on Sesame Street and other Muppet productions to this day.

missHEFFIE

Reaction score
well thats a clever way and thanks for pointing that bit out.

Rosewood

Reaction score
If you get a chance, watch episode #1

On the very first episode, they actually show you how an anything muppet is created. Gordon meets 5 faceless hand-puppets, all with different shapes and sizes for heads, and shows how just about "anything" can be made from them. He even describes them as "Anything Muppets". It's great!:smile:

missHEFFIE

Reaction score
aww i miss everything lol. do you have a clip of it or anything. i would like to see it, being born in 1990 i have missed out on alot of sesame street and it would be fun to see some vintage sesame street.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
On the very first episode, they actually show you how an anything muppet is created. Gordon meets 5 faceless hand-puppets, all with different shapes and sizes for heads, and shows how just about "anything" can be made from them. He even describes them as "Anything Muppets". It's great!:smile:
Yea, that's a great sketch/song right there when they sing "Consider Yourself" it's a neat way to use the AM's. If you have seen the Ed Sullivan Show DVD "Muppets Magic" or an episode of "The Ed Sullivan Show" there was a sketch where a man was not liking how he was so he changed into all these characters switching his nose, eyes, hair etc. This sketch originated as a demonstration of the possibilities of a Whatnot/AM on the 1968 special The Muppets On Puppets. Very interesting stuff. Frazzle was also an Anything Thing Tall Orange Muppet with a fur around the puppet. On the special Of Muppet & Men Jim talks about the possibilitys of the Whatnot characters.