Sex and Violence

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Just caught this program this morning when I watched the first season of the Muppet Show. Actually this was the first thing I watched since I was curious about the show.

This does have elements of the Muppet Show, but the sex and Violence show is also not that focused as the Muppet Show itself. The sketches seemed to be all over the place, from one with the wrestling match and then quickly cutting to something like the Swedish Chef.

Also some of the sketches were kind of pointless, like the wrestling match, and also the sketch with two muppet monster things that come in contact with wo muppet alien things with little eyes and say gibberish things. I also didn't like Statler and Waldorf. They seemed almost dead when they said something. I also didn't like the Mt. Rushmore thing either.

However, some things I liked like the running gag with the 7 deadly sins. I also liked the Electric Mayhem, and I liked the backstage interaction with Nigel, Sam, and Floyd. Sam was the same as he was in the Muppet Show as far as personality was concerned. I also thought it was funny that Nigel introduced Animal when Animal was in the basement, as least I thought it was a basement. The best thing I liked was the end where the camera revealed the performers running around with their characters. I also liked the opening and closing music.

Overall: 2 1/2 out of 4 stars. Not to bad.

ryan

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I liked how at the end they showed the performers doing the characters, and did anyone notice at one point, one of the clocks backstage turned into a picasso painting :attitude: :sing:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Yes! I watched this last night. Being one who has never seen any TMS episodes, loved it!

My favorite thing was the Mt.Rushmore skit, I loved the 7 deadly sins, and I loved the Electric Mayhem's "Bird Song" ?

I haven't actually started on the episodes, but I actually liked this. It was a little random, but I found a lot of it so random it was hillarious.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
The 7 deadly sins was good,and the Bird Song was very good,very creative.The eps. is quite an eyefeast.Was also nice to see all the puppeteers running amuck at the end of the show.:zany:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Did you notice when the birds were flying, you could see the performers walking in the background wearing all black

Ernie101

Reaction score
Wow Gonzo, you're observent! I hadn't noticed that, I'll look later and try to see it.. I was too busy laughing at the birds.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
Did you notice when the birds were flying, you could see the performers walking in the background wearing all black
Yes I did notice that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I cannot wait til my DVD set gets here. I hate knowing some of the things are cut, but, as Kermit would say, "What the hey?" :smile:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Don't worry Kev! I don't think you'll mind too much! Their are some great things on the DVD. It's amazingly enjoyable!

-Drake