Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Last week was Around the World Day with Grover. Now it's Amgios Day with Rosita aginn.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, if you do a search for "henson", you can find Jim Henson's film and animation segments. For some reason there is also a Muppet segment on there, but only one Muppet segment. It's listed as "5: Fish and Eels". Jim Henson's voie isn't heard, and the only talking character is performed by Kevin Clash. I wonder if Jim Henson did work on that sketch, either as a performer, behind-the-scenes work, or both. That's pretty weird that the only primarily Muppet sketch listed when searching for "henson" doesn't have any obivous invovlement. Also, one of the tags is "claymation", but I didn't notice any claymation in that sketch.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that's interesting is that on the old site, it avoided disambiguating titles, but on the new site, there are titles that appear on multiple clips, with no slight difference in titles. For example, there are three different Newsflash segments involving the three little pigs, which were all on the old site. Those have slightly different titles like "Kermit News: Three Pigs", "News: Three Little Pigs", and "Kermit and the Three Pigs". Of course those could have had better different titles like "News: Count Counts Three Pigs", "News: The New Three Little Pigs Story", and "News: Three Little Pigs Feellings".

But on the new site, for example, there are two news segments involving Sleeping Beauty, both with the same title. Of course, one could have been listed as "Kermit News" and the other "News" (or they could use the "Sesame Street News" title, which seems to be avoided on the site). And it is hard to remember which one is which by searching, as they both have the same set, and even the descriptions aren't much help. Another example is Put Down the Duckie. Both the original celebrity-free version and the secodn version with celebrities are on there, but both clips are listed as Put Down the Duckie (though the celebrity one mentions celebrities in the description).

And it seems like this new site does a better job at including exact titles, as opposed to soemtiems making them different.

And I don't know whetehr Sesame Workshop has to pay residuals or make clearances for the clips, but this site includes 123 Sesame Street, which was cut from Old School Volume 1. If clearances isn't an issue, then I wish that song covers from the first season would be added to the site soon. We not only need classics like Mahna Mahna, but obscure covers like Yellow Submarine and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's Nap Day with Telly! I recommend you see the first video in the playlist. The Nap song is so catchy! I saw it on an episode on Sprout on Demand.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The Nap song is so catchy! I saw it on an episode on Sprout on Demand.
That is one catchy song. When i first heard it it couldn't resist to make me an mp3 of it. So i did. I haven't listen to it in a while but loved it. Makes me think of the older 50's dowop songs.