Sesame's 35th season kicks off with a prime-time special

muppetfan620

Reaction score
YAY! The special sounds like it's gonna be great! And, I know I'm probably gonna get raw, rotten eggs thrown at my wheelchair for saying this, :wink: but I'm one of the few who actually *gasp* LIKES Elmo, so I'm looking forward to seeing him, plus some of the clips that I remember from way back. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Millicent

dbarrie

Reaction score
Can I throw rotten tomatoes instead? (just kidding) :stick_out_tongue:

What I really want to say is wow! It's interesting to see another wheelchair user at this forum! I'm also a wheelchair user. I have the same disability as that girl Tarah who used to be on SS (osteogenesis imperfecta; people might see me as her male twin--LOL). My real name is Donald, but on this forum I go by OI MuppetFan (or dbarrie).

Are you new to this forum? I've been here since late 2002. I've always been a Muppets fan. To give you an idea of how old I am, I watched SS during the pre-Elmo era, when Mr. Hooper was alive and running his store. I will definitely be tuning into this new prime-time special. I'm very excited to see it because it sounds like they'll be showing lots of clips from that era!

OI MuppetFan

muppetfan620

Reaction score
Nope, I'm not new to the forum, in fact, I've been here since early 2003, but had gone into lurking mode when there was a lot of fights going on on Muppet Central in general. I would occasionally pop in and post once in a great while, but not much. Thankfully, the fighting is no longer an issue, so I'm posting more now. I've been watching SS as long as I can remember, so I'm very familiar with the clips you mentioned.

Millicent

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
It worked for Michael Jackson...hey yo!
And Cher. Don't forget her :smile:

This SS special sounds great though. I'll be sure to have a box of tissues handy; knowing me, I'll probably be tearing up big-time :wink:

Crazy-Animal

Reaction score
I love sesame street

All I can say is I hope that they play the special in Australia, I and many other fans would be dissapointed.
from Olivia :sing:

dbarrie

Reaction score
Yes this does sound cool! Oscar is one of my faves! Almost makes me want to watch SS again! I'd probably watch it more frequently if I had kids, but knowing that Oscar is going to get more show time gives me some incentive to go relive some childhood days!

OI MuppetFan :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What really sells the entire show to me is the "parodies"

I mean, the parodies are the real thing that will jog the show back to shape! They may be current ones like Spongebob and Dr. Phil, but the only thing that came close to parody this season was Cookie Hood and Cookie Monster singing a parody of "Ain't it a beautiul morning".

I'm a satire nut. I write parodies, I read Mad Magazine. Heck, My CD collection is mostly "weird Al"!

Things are definately shaping up for season 35!!!

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Luv those parodies! :smile:

...And I even did a topic on them once here at Muppet Central. The parodies of current celebs don't sound too bad, but the parodies I LOVED were the song parodies (especially "Born To Add" and the MTV spoofs "Wet Paint" and "The Letter N"). Blue AM and I discussed a HUGE amount of song parodies that could've been used, but right now, I've got an idea for a parody BAND: R.E.N. (R.E.M.) Their songs could include:

"The 1 I Love" ("The One I Love")
"Orange Square" ("Orange Crush"...sorry to steal this from you, Blue AM)
"Letter E - E for Europe" ("Radio Free Europe")
"There's an 'N' in the World And I Found It" ("It's The End of the World...")
"Number 8" ("Driver 8")
"Losing My Tradition" (a song about holidays, a parody of "Losing My Reli..")

I also thought of "Tempted By the Food of Another", which could've been a "duet" between Cookie Monster and Cheeze (parody name for Squeeze). Hope you like my ideas

SillyJoeBob

Dantecat

Reaction score
Since The 35th Season of Sesame Street Starts on Monday April 5th,They will release a couple of retired short shows on DVD which includes:
Sing,Hoot,and Howl(1991)
Fiesta(1998)

and The newest DVD that I never heard of is What's The Name of That Song.

All of These DVD's I listed are going to be released on Tuesday April 6th! :crazy: :wink: :smile: