Sesame Workshop meets the Twilight Zone

ISNorden

Reaction score
First, a Sesame Street reference I saw on a Quantum Leap rerun the other day:

A killer searching for a child finally notices his victim among similarly dressed dolls in an attic, remarking: "One of these things is not like the other--one of these things just doesn't belong." (He didn't sing the lyrics, so it took a while to recognize the quote.)

Second, an arrangement of recent episodes that didn't seem so random:

The latest reruns to appear on our local station had the letters X, Y, and Z as Things-of-the-Day...in that order. Wonder if the station just hired a neatnik in the broadcast room? :confused:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Some people really have quite an unusual sense of humour don't they, Ingeborg my friend?:big_grin:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Some people really have quite an unusual sense of humour don't they, Ingeborg my friend?:big_grin:
Definitely. I had another Sesame Street sighting on another show this morning, by the way: on Password Plus, the answer to one puzzle happened to be "Big Bird". The clues "giant", "yellow", and "fowl" confused both pairs of contestants...but the fourth clue, "Sesame", helped one side get the answer in five seconds flat. (Considering how Sesame Street got its name, I couldn't help chuckling when the contestant on that side gave his partner "Open..." as a clue.)

ISNorden

Reaction score
The neatniks strike back

I'm suspecting that the neatnik who schedules programs for my local PBS station is having fun again: he's alphabetized another string of three shows by Letters of the Day. When all the episodes this year have been reruns from the last three seasons, it seems logical that the stations (not Sesame Workshop) decide which one airs on which day. Except, of course, for two-parters like the "Little Big Bird" story... :smile:

*waits for the other members to yell "GET A LIFE!"*