Sesame Workshop Lobby Greeting

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
If there's already a thread about this, I apologize. But isn't this awesome? The best part is Ernie appears in the same shot with Abby and Murray! I really hope this means we'll see them interact soon. It would be nice if they add this to Sesame Place.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Have Ernie and Bert not interacted with Abby and Murray at some point by now?.......Yeah- they definitely should fix that if so. I hope they get Ernie and Bert in for some street scenes in the new Sesame Street season.:stick_out_tongue::frown: (And Kermit, for that matter, unlikely as that might be.:smile: I love Kermit- and I especially love Kermit on Sesame Street.) I still want to see The Muppet Show gang appear on Sesame Street, for that matter (though some have- Kermit, Rowlf, Beautiful Day Monster, Miss Piggy's picture)- but more could be done...... Oh well- that's getting way off topic- lol.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Bert has interacted with Abby. Ernie never has though. Ernie and Bert are aware of Murray because, he reported for their sport show on Count on Sports. They didn't interact though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't understand this obsession over Ernie/Abby having scenes together.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess it's because they've never appeared on the show together?

I dunno. Actually, I am intrigued about the characters actually interacting, even though I can't think of a reason they would, nor can I think of them being that great together.

Now, Abby and Bert....

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Drtooth, if you're wondering about if Abby and Bert have interacted before, here it is: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_4221 (but I apologize if you're aware of it already). Getting back on subject of the video, it's good to hear Kevin performing Elmo here! But if that's Ryan, I apologize for the mix up.

I hope they get Ernie and Bert in for some street scenes in the new Sesame Street season.:stick_out_tongue::frown:
I recall Oscarfan pointing out on another thread that Ismael Cruz Cordova (Mando) uploaded a photo on his Twitter of himself on set with Ernie and Bert, so that could be a good sign of new E&B footage being taped for Season 45.

Bridget

Reaction score
I really couldn't say... I guess Abby and Ernie don't appear together... Maybe because they aren't necessarily needed to be together to solve whatever predicament is happening... I don't know but it is definitely something to think about. It just has an awkward-excited feel seeing them together I guess...

Drtooth

Reaction score
They don't need to. But I do hate how Ernie and Bert basically have to be secluded from all the other characters because they're more popular in Europe. I even miss the days where they paired Ernie and Elmo up with no conflict or anything essentially interesting about the two.

Ernie and Bert feel like sometimes guests on their own show where they predate every single other character. They're making them, but they're keeping them for foreign audiences because they aren't celebrity songs or film parodies.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
I hope they get Ernie and Bert in for some street scenes in the new Sesame Street season.:stick_out_tongue::frown:
I recall Oscarfan pointing out on another thread that Ismael Cruz Cordova (Mando) uploaded a photo on his Twitter of himself on set with Ernie and Bert, so that could be a good sign of new E&B footage being taped for Season 45.
Cool! Thanks for the tip.:smile:
Ernie and Bert feel like sometimes guests on their own show where they predate every single other character. They're making them, but they're keeping them for foreign audiences because they aren't celebrity songs or film parodies.
That is pretty crazy. But Ernie and Bert don't predate every single other character necessarily- unless they were around in material before Sesame Street started. Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Kermit the Frog, Gordon, Susan and Bob were all there from the first episode too. But I get what you're saying- most all of the other characters that mainly show up are much newer than Ernie and Bert. It seems like that's been a thing for a while now- that it becomes a rarity to have Bert and Ernie in a street scene.
I would be surprised if Ernie and Abby haven't appeared together somewhere at some point- didn't they at least interact in the "Abby in Wonderland" special? I'm a big fan of different characters interacting (particularly ones that you just don't normally see together- like Kermit and Ernie:smile::stick_out_tongue: in "Do De Rubber Duck"- obviously since they have the same performer and incredibly similar voices- but they've been together on The Muppet Show and other stuff of course. Or Kermit and Bert on "Subway"- although, again, they've interacted- or at least been in the same scene on The Muppet Show and other places too.:smile::frown:
What's really neat, I think, is to see random characters together that just haven't ever spoken to each other much. For instance, what about a sketch with Murray Monster and Snuffy? Or maybe Baby Bear and Barkley? Or Abby and Slimey? (And if some of these actually have happened, that would be great to hear about.):wisdom: