Sesame Workshop and Sony join forces with Classic Media to acquire Henson

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh OHhhhhhhh Noooooooooooo!!!!:grouchy: :mad: Booooo!!!:boo: As much as i LOVE SS & SWS (sesame workp shop) I DON"T want them to get Piggy & Palz. Come on Mickey get them Puppets oops lo i mean Muppets!!!!:eek: :smirk:

radionate

Reaction score
Wow Phil, thanks for posting that. This seems like it will never end. How ironic that Sesame Workshop is now partnered to make a deal to buy the company it broke off from, even if only in minority form.

I don't see it happening though (and I may eat my words here).

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is kinda what I always hoped to see... sort of... just nix Classic Media.

With this, we can probably see Kermit the Frog back on Sesame, and Big Bird and Oscar as cameos in future Muppet Movies...

But this ain't gonna happen... I wish it could!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
It's Mickey vs. Casper. The race (if you can call it that) is on. Don't give a care about Sesame owning Henson, but man, there's always drama.

Hope you lose, Casper and Big Bird!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Hmmm this is an interesting turn of events here.

I don't have a clue who would be the best owner of JHC but I'am a bit positive of this news. I got a bad feeling about Disney, I don't really know why.

Jrobert

Reaction score
Sound like this is just pressure for Disney to pay more and hurry up.

Aaron

Reaction score
why are you all so negetive

smcguire

Reaction score
Since Columbia Tristar has treated the Muppets far better on DVD than Disney has (can you say "widescreen"), at least that aspect of this sounds positive.

--Scott McGuire

danielromens

Reaction score
Please God, let this happen. We've got an already proven Muppet Distributer, Classic who needs some hefty tv bulk, and Sesame who understands the real vision of Henson and the integrity of his characters. Also they have a wonderful relationship with the staff already.

Cross your fingers gang.