1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street TV References

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Muppet dude, May 13, 2007.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wow... that was lamer than usual. no wonder why MadTV is getting canceled. :rolleyes:
  2. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Truly, it was the worst of the bunch, even with the Count. All the others had some funny, meaningful satire behind it. This one just seemed like a bunch of poorly written fat jokes smashed together. They really aren't trying to end this series off with a bang...
  4. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

So there's been 6 Sesame parodies, along with 2 commercial spoofs involving Elmo.

Bird Flu
    Eviction
    MyPlace
    Radiation Poisoning
    Tickle-Me-Emo
    Economic Depression
    Guyco
    Childhood obesity

...who wants to bet that the next Sesame skit they're gonna do will deal with the swine flu, involving a certain pig...

:mad:
  5. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I'll take that bet that they won't,

Since the show is cancelled and has been since May 16.

Though there is talk of some channels picking up the show, but judging from what the last few seasons, I wouldn't count on it.
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Mad TV was cancelled? That's a shame. They really had a lot of good Sesame parodies.
  7. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

There was a commercial on for Delta faucets & people washing their hands. The song in the ad was :batty: singing about what hands can do.
  8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

And here is the commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RuXU_1vg8
  9. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

10. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Yeah I saw that commerical, very cool. :batty:
  11. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

Last night's Robot Chicken had Sesame Street adjacent to Wall Street and Kermit's cousin Gordon Gecko stopped by to incite the kids to run out and make investments "and stop dressing like 9 year-olds". Pretty funny. No Palisade's figure usage, though.
  12. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

On last night's The Office, there was a huge Sesame Street reference. Michael compared Jim to Big Bird and mentioned Bert, Maria, and Gordon as well. Hilarious!
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I saw that! Too funny! :D
  14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

On Monday's Big Bang Thery, Penny mentions a crush she and her friend had on Bert and Ernie.
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Last night, Colbert has an expose on Sesame Street. It's hilarious!
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

On Monday's Daily Show, Louis Black talks about the people getting the swine flu vaccine and who's not getting it... He finishes his bit by saying that the people who don't get the vaccine can at least make their kids happy by buying the new Stickle-Me-Elmo. The Elmo doll then says "Louis stole Elmo from a little child, to which Lou yells "Shut Up!" at it.
    Jon's reaction after that... "You told Elmo to shut up? ! ?"

The thing made me bust a gut from laughter. The weasels very nearly got me that day.
  17. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Mupdate.

On last night's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Santino Marella—the Italian idiot—attempted to impress guest host Chris Angel by performing an amateurish magic trick... The trick Santino tried was preceeded by him saying the magic words "A La Peanut Butter Sandwiches." So yeah, there you have it.
  18. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

Did anyone see Community this past week with Abed and Troy doing a Bert and Ernie imitation in the last few minutes?

We laughed pretty hard. :) If you missed it or want to see it again (luckily we have it on DVR because I've watched it a couple times), it can be found here: http://www.nbc.com/community/
  19. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I guess we should mention last night's Family Guy with parodies of Big Bird, Oscar, Bert and Ernie. Can't remember what the exact names were though.
  20. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member